They offer different flash templates with latest features.
Login

Forgot password
Register

WUSB600N

Brand: Linksys (WIFI card/adapter/dongle)
Back

Release: Isadora

Owner:
JMMR

What works:

Connects to the internet via Linksys Wireless router, it finds Qwest Wireless router, and a few others models. Sometimes it will fail to connect, but after a few tries it will eventually connect.

~~~UPDATE 06-11-2010~~~
With the Linux Driver (Ralink rt2870sta) both the 2GHz & 5GHz. It still doesn't find all the access points that a Linux compatible Generic Wireless Card/USB does.

What was done to make it work:

Linux Mint 8 & 9 detects the wireless USB adapter right out of the box but will not work right out of the box.

~~~UPDATE 07-07-2010~~~
Works with Kernel 2.6.34 and up without installing any drivers. (Not too sure about Kernel 2.6.33)

~~~UPDATE 06-11-2010~~~
The Linksys WUSB600N works perfect under Linux Mint 8 & 9 with the Linux Driver.

Prerequisites:
build-essential ; linux-headers packages

**The Linksys WUSB600N has the Ralink rt2870 chipset (I found this out via., Google).

**Go to the [url=http://www.ralinktech.com/support.php?s=2]download section[/url] and download and download the proper driver, in this case it will be "RT2870USB(RT2870/RT2770)."

**(Using the terminal, without Quotation Marks)
**Now you need to install build-essential and linux-headers packages (if you don't have them already):

"sudo aptitude install linux-headers-`uname -r` build-essential"

**Now, in your home folder untar the Ralink package:

"tar -xvjf RT2870_LinuxSTA_V2.3.0.0.tar.bz2"

**Edit the RT2870_LinuxSTA_V2.3.0.0/os/linux/config.mk file to allow network-manager to manage the card. After you have extracted the files, search through the folder OS > linux > and either double click on config.mv or right click and open the terminal from that location and input:

"gedit config.mk"

**Locate;

# Support Wpa_Supplicant
HAS_WPA_SUPPLICANT=n

# Support Native WpaSupplicant for Network Manager
HAS_NATIVE_WPA_SUPPLICANT_SUPPORT=n

**and change the n's to y's like so:

# Support Wpa_Supplicant
HAS_WPA_SUPPLICANT=y

# Support Native WpaSupplicant for Network Manager
HAS_NATIVE_WPA_SUPPLICANT_SUPPORT=y

**Now enter the RT2870_LinuxSTA_V2.3.0.0 directory, compile and install the driver as root:

"su"

**enter your password to load as root.

input:

"make && make install"

**Now, while still root modprobe the driver module:

"modprobe rt2870sta"

**input:

"lsmod | grep rt2870sta"

**It should output something like "rt2870sta XXXXXX 0".

**input:

"echo rt2870sta >> /etc/modules"

**Then:

"exit"

**Reboot.

**And that should do it. Worked like a charm for me. The credit for this info is due Fass from Ubuntu Forums which was originally a guide for the Ralink rt2760 PCI Linksys Card WMP110.

~~~~----~~~~

Under Ndiswrapper the 5GHz bandwidth doesn't work (I recommend the Linux Driver over the Windows Driver).

Place the Driver CD in the CD/DVD ROM or download from:
( http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/wireless/lbc/WUSB600N )

Make sure you use/download the correct version. Be Sure that you get the Windows XP 32 bit driver. I am not sure if the 64-bit driver works or not.

Click on Menu > Administration > Windows Wireless Drivers. Or go to the Control Center > System > Windows Wireless Drivers. Direct the ndiswrapper to where the driver .inf is located. And install.

Nest open the Terminal (Menu > Terminal)
input:

'sudo gedit /etc/NetworkManager/nm-system-settings.conf'

enter password and change [ifupdown] Managed from false to true.

From

[ifupdown]
managed=false

to

[ifupdown]
managed=true

Save and your done. You may need to reboot the computer, but it should work after that.

Additional notes:

For some reason this model worked right out of the box one time, it was when I was loaded into the LiveCD, but after that I needed to use the ndiswrapper. I could never figure out why that was.

It works without any problems, it just does not work with its full capabilities.

Created: 4 years ago.
Last edited: 4 years ago.
Read 909 times.

Other devices from JMMR