They offer different flash templates with latest features.
Login

Forgot password
Register
Back

Replace network manager with Wicd

Created 4 years ago, edited 4 years ago.
Status changed 1 year ago
Author:

TerminusEst
Considered
  Score:
26 votes
Idea:

I find the current Network Manager, from KDE and from Gnome, a mess. Wicd is far more useable and friendly.

Comments:

2 years ago

blueXrider
Gnome and KDE both have their own network managers, you are able to replace it if you wish  
4 years ago

conquerortim
I disagree. I think that the current version of network manager and gnome network manager works quite well under gnome.
I have tried to use Wicd before, and it just doesn't support half the networks I use.
I do think that a Xfce specific front end would be a good idea.

4 years ago

lnxwalt
In my work, I travel to other cities for a few months at a time. Dealing with various hotel connections with NM gets to be a pain. The only problem with Wicd is that Ubuntu One doesn't work with it.  
4 years ago

HunkirDowne
My only gripe about Wicd is the apparent inability to get a connection between my PCMCIA card and a hidden WEP-key network. But since that might be more of a personal issue, I will say that when it works, it appears to be a bit more nimble than Network-Manager.  
4 years ago

paulpoco
I thought this site was for Linux Mint Ideas/Improvements.

Rovanion any idea should be ok not matter what it is.

4 years ago

Rovanion
This idea should not be posted here at this moment. All ideas here should be about the community site. Please refer to the forum or launchpad for presenting blueprints for the distro.  
4 years ago

Alexio
+1 See http://wicd.sourceforge.net/features.php  

Other ideas from TerminusEst