They offer different flash templates with latest features.
Login

Forgot password
Register
Back

disable touchpad when mouse is connected

Created 2 years ago, edited 2 years ago.
Status changed 2 years ago
Author:

seneq
Under dev. review
  Score:
24 votes
Idea:

It would be verry usefull if linuxmint had an option/program that could disable the touchpad when a mouse is connected , * and also options for permanent disable/enable the touchpad ( is helps you if you write code and you mistakenly press the touchpad) . You got the idea !

I think this kind of things would make linuxmint be #1.
It is difficult for a new linux user to write souch a script , and there are no programs that will do this for him.

* i know there is the option: " disable touchpad while typing" but it needs to be improved

LE: i found exactly what i needed :

http://www.addictivetips.com/ubuntu-linux-tips/automatically-disable-touchpad-when-mouse-is-connected-ubuntu/

Comments:

1 month ago

jahid_0903014
should be implemented...  
1 year ago

thierry-k
plus, with Dagon's link, the implematation should be, I guess, easy for the developpers.  
1 year ago

thierry-k
I agree with what is said here, this should absolutely be standard.  
2 years ago

dagon
Well at least it should be solved already. But I think it's the gpointing-device-settings. It's kind of odd to have two different places to set the mouse. Any way, on my computer this function seems to be broken.  
2 years ago

dotnick
I beleive the synaptics package provides this. Those options are showing up in my kde system settings in the touchpad module.  
2 years ago

seneq
10x 4 the tutorial dagon.  
2 years ago

dagon
Found you a tutorial on the subject. I absolutely think
this should be standard.

2 years ago

dagon
Automatically disable touchpad

Other ideas from seneq