They offer different flash templates with latest features.
Login

Forgot password
Register
Back

Point Releases of Linux Mint 13

Created 1 year ago, edited 1 year ago.
Status changed 1 year ago
Author:

jaycee
Selected
  Score:
28 votes
Idea:

Hello Linux Mint community!
Considering that the first testing iso images have appeared (and look pretty good), it seems Linux Mint 13 should be released sometime within the next month or so. Once the release is available, many updates from upstream will arrive shortly after. As this is an LTS release that will receive updates for five years, any users that install LM13 within the next couple of years, even a few months after the release, will be faced with several updates. Also, anyone that buys new hardware within the next two years would probably require the kernel updates for new hardware support, but couldn’t make use of them from the LM13 iso. Lastly, better choices of default software than that in the LM13 iso could possibly present themselves, due to popularity, degree of upstream support, etc. Therefore, I propose that point releases of LM13 should be released, based on those released for Ubuntu 12.04 (i.e. Ubuntu 12.04.1 → Linux Mint 13.1, U12.04.2 → LM13.2... the schedule is here - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PrecisePangolin/ReleaseSchedule). As with the release of LM13, I also propose that release candidates of the point releases be made available. So, what do others in the Linux Mint community think? Vote on the poll and post comments! :D

Comments:

1 year ago

sunewbie
It was not done. I got Mint 9 LTS to download before 6 months and it had very very old software, that came with it's first release  
1 year ago

orionthehunter
I wasn't aware that this wasn't already being done for LTS? If it isn't I would hope it would be. Obviously it requires developer resources which I know are scant. So.. Clem willing, let this be accepted.  
1 year ago

sunewbie
I agree. Promoting  
1 year ago

chassum
I'm in favor of at least one point release even on the normal twice-a-year releases.  
1 year ago

jose_manuel
This is an excellent Idea !!!! I Promote this Idea.  
1 year ago

crismblog
Good idea, I promote.  
1 year ago

blueXrider
Point release is a good idea. This would also give the dev team a running start at the next release.  
1 year ago

RayWoods
I had an idea like this rejected some time ago now but still think it is relevant. I feel sorry for the poor soul who needs to reinstall Linux Mint 13 a year or so down the road and finds thousands of updates to install before it is secure again. With an LTS edition, with a life span of five years, I would expect annual updates of the ISO file to be the minimum required. I'm promoting this idea.  

Other ideas from jaycee