Sort Photo Album Folder Names by DD/MM/YYYY(or any other Combination)
Status changed 10 months ago
|11 months ago||
Ahm, maybe you all had better Drugs then i, but my Mint 13 RC Mate with Nautilus and Dolphin is not able to sort Folder Names by DD/MM/YYYY at any man known way of listing it up. The important Point was, what i wrote above, that "since creation date attributes from properties window sometimes getting false somehow!"(I saw somewhere on Forums that, that can happen if Data lands on a Filesystem with any special Options set to don't care about Acces and Data Creation Date, by transmitting over Networks or by syncing with some bad options set in the FreeFileSync, etc.) and you can do it at Home too:
1.Make a Test Folder
2.Insert a Folder named 06.06.1980 (Which is meant as DD/MM/YYYY)
3.Insert a Folder named 01.08.1980 (Which is meant as DD/MM/YYYY)
4.Insert a Folder named 05.05.1980 (Which is meant as DD/MM/YYYY)
And then you should see(when having same System and Consciusness Conditions as i have), that it only sorts by its Data Creation Time or by its Name, but as i said only the first Numbers before the Point!
Yes i know, Computers would like it YYYY/MM/DD, but the most People gave me tons of Photos or elsewhat Folders this way DD/MM/YYYY!
|1 year ago||
|1 year ago||
you can sort file by date easily.
Exemple in the file manager: change display setting to list.
Other ideas from MAD-OVERLORD
- Root Session Duration Handling like it is?/was on LMDE(Nice for Installation Tasks on a new System)
- Option to have the Menu on the right Side
- An optional Option to prevent naming Files in Linux so, that they are unusable for Windows
- Make Files and Folders count listed separetely like it is on Windows
- The Data Folder of .html Files should move with it, like it is on Windows
- MINT 13 MATE seems to have dropped Disk Utility and that's a very bad Idea, vote to get it back!!!
- Add custom Command to the Cinnamon "Open With" Dialog!
- A whole Securety Suite for new Windows Migrants that don't does Fear mongering for Profit like on Windows!
- Make a nice and working Services Tool that handles Upstart and SystemV etc. together!
- Please Make Core Components of Linux Mint Debian Edition "static Builds" (Ubuntu too)
- Linux Mint should also make its own File Manager! :)
- New and much more FAIR and CREATIVE Vote System!