They offer different flash templates with latest features.
Login

Forgot password
Register
Back

Restore Users & Groups to XFCE edition of Mint

Created 2 years ago, edited 2 years ago.
Status changed 1 year ago
Author:

BBistheKing
Under dev. review
  Score:
11 votes
Idea:

XFCE is my desktop of choice, but was very disappointed to find Users & Groups missing from Mint 13 XFCE. It seems odd to have left it out, please reinstate.

Comments:

1 year ago

jupiter66
Yes and in fact other things are lacking to make it multiusers ready (see my recent idea on this)  
2 years ago

Karlchen
Hello, BBistheKing.
I definitely support your request. I only found out today that "Users and Groups" is missing from Linux Mint 13 xfce.
The decision not to include it is - to put it mildy - debatable, absolutely absurd to express it clearly.
Therefore a triple YES to your request.
Karl

2 years ago

BBistheKing
Thanks Hammer, makes sense. I like to start with XFCE and add to it - like playing with lego. Like installing cairo dock to make it look like Mac for the kids to make it easy for them. And at the end of the day I still have a fast lightweight system.  
2 years ago

Hammer459
I do not personally care for XFCE but I do want it to be in the repository as long as it is in good working order.
The reason for things missing may be that there are simply not enough people that have the energy to maintain XFCE. I do not know.
What I do know is that Fedora does not work well at all unless you stick with Gnome 3. That comes at the cost of Gnomes new phone interface for everything. One of the main reasons I left Red Hat after 13 years....

2 years ago

BBistheKing
If there are people against including Users & Groups in XFCE, would you mind explaining why, please. There appears to be rather elitist attitude creeping into Mint since version 9. I'm tempted to go to Fedora or Xubuntu.  

Other ideas from BBistheKing