They offer different flash templates with latest features.
Login

Forgot password
Register

32-bit 20120513-0224

Back
Maintainer:
clem
Architecture: i386
Type: MATE

Tests

Untested cases (2)

Test caseReportsSuccessWarningsFailures
#005c: Kernel metapackage0000
#010 Clean root dir0000

Warning cases (1)

#044: DVD Playback2110

Succeeded cases (21)

#000: Integrity check1100
#001: ISO label1100
#003: Plymouth text theme1100
#004: Plymouth default theme2200
#005: Network Manager / Wicd1100
#019: LSB and info file1100
#020: Ctrl, Alt, Backspace1100
#036: Localized installation1100
#038: Installation with custom-partitioning2200
#039: Other OS in Grub2200
#042: apt sources1100
#043: apt policy1100
#044: apt update1100
#044: DVD Playback2110
#045: MP3 CD Ripping2200
#045: repository keys1100
#047: Online Plugins and File associations1100
#060: Intel chipset1100
#061: nVidia chipset1100
#062: ATI chipset1100
#105: Boot Hybrid ISO via USB1100

Comments

2 years ago

AJAY-TECH

Reboot after installation:  I was not asked to remove the installation media as usual.  However it booted from the installed unit, even if the installation media still was there.
--> That works here on my boxes. 

This also works for me on all my machines.

The online MP3 test file cannot be located but can be downloaded and works.
--> totem-mozilla gives better playback with Apple trailers, unfortunately that's at the cost of online mp3 playback.. which the user can get back by removing this package

I tested this with the MP3 stream of the linux mint podcast and it seemed to work fine.

Dvd plays at unusual speed in movie player but plays fine in vlc.
--> I couldn't test this.. does that happen with all DVDs?

This was happening on the majority of files online and local on my machine so i am thinking it may be my machine.
The machine is an Acer Altos G330 Mk2 server with an older AMD/ATI card in it. I was unable to replicate this on my other test machines with the same dvd and other dvds i tested.

2 years ago

clem

OK, noting blocking the release so far.

Here's my feedback FYI on some of the points you raised.

I also experienced the random mounts of directories when installing this version
--> That's in the release notes

--> totem-mozilla gives better playback with Apple trailers, unfortunately that's at the cost of online mp3 playback.. which the user can get back by removing this package

If you choose (for instance) Skype in Mint-Install, it will tell you that the program is not installed (from the beginning).  If you then install the program and wait , it will still tell you that Skype is NOT installed. I think it should change to INSTALLED automatic. The window is capable to tell that no activities are ongoing any more..?
--> Good point, that's an improvement for mintInstall. Not a release breaker, but it would be nice indeed.

Now after changing background back to original and some other manipulation for preventing too much cpu usage I finally has got Compiz to work a bit.  I does not look nice but i works.  :)
--> Compiz is heavily modified by Ubuntu. It should work but the user will need to go through some configuration. That's outside of the scope for us.

During the installation process I was offered to take a picture of myself or use the default picture.  Why?
--> That's used by lightdm and gdm. We should get that working with MDM in the future.

There are no pictures or names offered in the login process.
--> The Mint MDM theme doesn't currently use a user list.

#106: Laptop battery/bluetooth.   Both icons are visible.  The battery icon seems to work correctly but the bluetooth is missing the connection function.
--> That's ok for the scope of testing the ISO.    

Reboot after installation:  I was not asked to remove the installation media as usual.  However it booted from the installed unit, even if the installation media still was there.
--> That works here on my boxes.    

gThumb and pluma are located down the bottom of the list in all and are not in order as the other programs are.
--> Case-sensitive sorting

--> I couldn't test this.. does that happen with all DVDs?

#043 : /var/lib/dpkg/status
release a=now
--> That's ok

2 years ago

AJAY-TECH

I also experienced the random mounts of directories when installing this version

2 years ago

AJAY-TECH

#047: Online plugins

2 years ago

tux-sven

When I boot my computer a little text comes up, it says something like: "Sparse file not allowed, hit a key to continue".  When I hit a key the computer goes on and shows the login-screen.

2 years ago

tux-sven

Now I have noticed that Glipper do not work as i should.  It seems as it stops working after a while. of some reason that I don't understand just now.  But it is on the panel and it has it't own row in the Program Starter...

2 years ago

tux-sven

If you choose (for instance) Skype in Mint-Install, it will tell you that the program is not installed (from the beginning).  If you then install the program and wait , it will still tell you that Skype is NOT installed. I think it should change to INSTALLED automatic. The window is capable to tell that no activities are ongoing any more..?

Unfortunnately I get no microphone sound to Skype as I use to do.  Something missing?

2 years ago

tux-sven

Now after changing background back to original and some other manipulation for preventing too much cpu usage I finally has got Compiz to work a bit.  I does not look nice but i works.  :)

I miss the Simple Compiz Configuration Manager, or   at least a usable pre-configured Compiz-settings-file.

There in no simple way to get Compiz working if you compare with LM10. It's miles away from Julia at that point.

2 years ago

tux-sven

Strange thing. Now after a restart of the system i have my Glipper icon in the menubar. ???

I am very pleased with that, but should the procedure be in that way?

2 years ago

tux-sven

During the installation process I was offered to take a picture of myself or use the default picture.  Why?

There are no pictures or names offered in the login process.

2 years ago

tux-sven

A copy from my terminal window when I try to start Compiz widh "compiz --replace":

Starting gtk-window-decorator
Fönsterhanterarvarning: Misslyckades med att läsa in temat "Adwaita": Misslyckades med att hitta en giltig fil för temat Adwaita

The program 'gtk-window-decorator' received an X Window System error.
This probably reflects a bug in the program.
The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
  (Details: serial 538 error_code 3 request_code 2 minor_code 0)
  (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
   that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
   To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
   option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
   backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)

2 years ago

tux-sven

This release seems to be the one to take over after my favorite Julia.  I am very impressed and happy.  :D

2 years ago

tux-sven

I can't get the program "glipper" to the panel.  After installation from synaptic I can start it from a terminal window and it appears in the panel, but disappears again when the terminal window is closed.

2 years ago

tux-sven

#106: Laptop battery/bluetooth.   Both icons are visible.  The battery icon seems to work correctly but the bluetooth is missing the connection function.

2 years ago

tux-sven

Bluetooth detects my mouse but it cannot connect to it after installation either.

2 years ago

tux-sven

Compiz is installed from start but not Compiz Configuration Manager.

I tried "compiz --replace" in a terminal window with no success. :(

2 years ago

tux-sven

2 years ago

tux-sven

Installation:  Formatted my testing target USB-pin as btrfs to try what that will result in.

I got a Caja-window, (popped up) named "Target".  What does that mean?

2 years ago

tux-sven

Live session:   Not possible to connect my bluetooth mouse as usual.  The connection window never came up.

2 years ago

AJAY-TECH

I believe that's all i can do until tomorrow all in all it looks like a great release.

2 years ago

AJAY-TECH

gThumb and pluma are located down the bottom of the list in all and are not in order as the other programs are.

2 years ago

AJAY-TECH

#044: Dvd Playback.

I will test on my other machine and try and replicate this.

2 years ago

AJAY-TECH

#045: MP3 CD Ripping

Default is .ogg for ripping a cd.

It is easy to select MP3 as default in settings.

2 years ago

AJAY-TECH

#043 : /var/lib/dpkg/status
release a=now

This is listed as 100 and #043 has only 500 and 700 listed.

Passed but thought i would just say it here.

2 years ago

AJAY-TECH

I will download and test these now