They offer different flash templates with latest features.
Login

Forgot password
Register

xfce32-20120625-1504

Back
Maintainer:
clem
Architecture: i386
Type: Xfce

Tests

Untested cases (4)

Test caseReportsSuccessWarningsFailures
#005c: Kernel metapackage0000
#010 Clean root dir0000
#045: MP3 CD Ripping0000
#062: ATI chipset0000

Warning cases (1)

#044: DVD Playback1010

Succeeded cases (18)

#000: Integrity check1100
#001: ISO label1100
#003: Plymouth text theme1100
#004: Plymouth default theme1100
#005: Network Manager / Wicd2200
#019: LSB and info file1100
#020: Ctrl, Alt, Backspace1100
#036: Localized installation1100
#038: Installation with custom-partitioning1100
#039: Other OS in Grub1100
#042: apt sources1100
#043: apt policy1100
#044: apt update1100
#045: repository keys1100
#047: Online Plugins and File associations1100
#060: Intel chipset1100
#061: nVidia chipset1100
#105: Boot Hybrid ISO via USB2200

Comments

2 years ago

cc11rocks

fredq : My current resolution is 1024 X 600. I generally do not have resolution issues (have only run into it installing a program or two in Windows). Will the problems described be fixed before the final release?

2 years ago

fredg

cc11rock :

Note : Uploaded 2 new ISO today, but build before your report

2 years ago

fredg

cc11rocks

Thanks for your video feedback. Although the video is terrible :), we could see importants things. It seems you have a netbook, what's your current resolution ?

2 years ago

cc11rocks

This video is terrible (picture, audio, commentary etc quality SUCKS), although, I did spend time making it for you guys. It's about 5 minutes, but I discuss problems that I said below, plus a few more. Mostly about VLC, but some "extra goodies" about fullscreen mode and windows not properly maximizing.

"Linux Mint 13 Maya Xfce i386 RC (DVD Testing and problems) : For Linux Mint Team and Devs" (Made by me, cc11rocks)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSsWk1tsd68

I spent time making this. Please watch this to see what to fix and what problems I have demonstrated and detected. Thanks for your time. I know you'll do your best to fix it :D

2 years ago

cc11rocks

#44 (DVD playback) tested in liveUSB mode. When DVD inserted (ext. optical drive), DVD automounted and VLC launched. DVD did not auto-play. When selected "DVD", errors appear. To get DVD to play, you have to "blindly" tell the DVD to start from about 4 or 5 choices, one being "/dev/sr0" (or something close). In my opinion, this needs to be fixed (or VLC replaced, at least by default) before the release of LM 13 XFCE. A suggestion to be made wolud be to upgrade from  VLC 2.0.1 to VLC 2.0.2. I personally love and use VLC. It pains me to say that VLC 2.0.1 has been the worst release ever (for me, personally) because of all the various bugs. Try upgrading to VLC 2.0.2 and I will retest this (I haven't updated to VLC 2.0.2 in GNU/Linux yet due to the only reliable source being a "daily stable PPA". I'm waiting for a more stable PPA, such as from webupd8 or another more stable source). Anyway, I don't mean for this to be a rant, I'm just warning you of the consequences of using VLC 2.0.1 as the default media player. VLC 2.0.2 has hundreds of bugfixes and hopefully will have fixed most of the issues I have been personally experiencing. When I chose "/dev/rs0", the title menu popped up. Sound and video worked fine. When I tried to move to a different chapter, it reported an error and brought me back to the main screen. I did test this in liveUSB mode, so this may be the problem, but I believe it is because of the bugs that are present in VLC 2.0.1. Reported as "Warning".

Here are some of the errors I received :

" <style type="text/css"> p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; } </style>

Playback failure:

DVDRead could not open the disc "/dev/dvd".

Your input can't be opened:

VLC is unable to open the MRL 'dvd:///dev/dvd'. Check the log for details.

Playback failure:

Playback failure:

"

Hope this helps,

cc11rocks

2 years ago

cc11rocks

Print Screen test is successful!

2 years ago

cc11rocks

Confirm Bug (Orig. by Clem) : Error message recieved when trying to send something to the trash. Am able to permanently delete items by Shift + Del or by using the "Permanently Remove" option. Reported as "Warning"

2 years ago

cc11rocks

THINK I tested #105 (Hybrid USB ISO test using ImageWriter). I used the "dd" command in GNU/Linux (Ubuntu 12.04). I didn't use ImageWriter, but it's still using the ISO. Please mention if I should not participate in this when using the "dd" command in liveUSB mode. Reported as "Success"!

PS : What happened to the MD5 test (must've missed where that convo. went)?

2 years ago

cc11rocks

Tested #106 (Bluetooth and battery indicator test) in liveUSB mode. It suceeded. Just a note of warning because install could fail somehow. Hopefully clem tested this in a real install. My adapter is a Bluetooth 4.0 enabled device. I have to manually add a file ("touch /etc/modprobe.d/medialink-btusb.conf") and add the following contents to get my adapter (IO Gear GBU 521) working properly, in ANY distro INCLUDING Ubuntu 12.04. Here are the contents of the file : "install usb:v0A5Cp21E8d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* /sbin/modprobe btusb; echo 0a5c 21e8 > /sys/bus/usb/drivers/btusb/new_id". It is without quotes of course. I am just letting you guys know all of this to be as specific as possible. After I saved the file, I unplugged my adapter, then immediately plugged it back in. The Bluetooth indicator popped up as the bottom (expected behavior). I then proceeded to send a blank file to my phone, which suceeded. Reported as SUCCESS!

PS : I expect my entering in this file manually is due to my device being Bluetooth 4.0 enabled. This "problem" should be "fixed" when new versions of the Linux kernel are used.

*Note : Highlighted for quick scanning of the intended message. I will do this for my lengtheir entries.

2 years ago

clem
  • Included mixer doesn't allow user to change device (had to install pavucontrol).
  2 years ago

clem

Things to fix in the stable release:

• Add mintmenu-xfce and xfce4-xfapplet-plugin
  • Reduce panel height to 25
  • Reduce xfwm margins from 10px to 0px
  2 years ago

AJAY-TECH

I shall download and attempt to test the last outstanding cases.

I will also test out the print screen button.

2 years ago

clem
  • XFApplet-plugin is missing (it'd be nice to get mintmenu working in XFCE this release)
  • the panel height is a little high
  2 years ago

LarsT

Hi Clem,

MintUpdate isn`t present.

MintWelcome doenst appear isn`t present.

But both is installed.

2 years ago

clem
  • Trash doesn't work in live mode. Works once the system is installed. We'll add this to the release notes.
  2 years ago

clem

Also note that mint4win was removed from both the KDE and Xfce editions.

2 years ago

clem

I already tested almost everything here. There's only 4 tests left. If you can test these, please do so.

Also, please make sure hitting the Print Screen key launches the screenshot utility. That's something I fixed which was failing previously and I didn't get the opportunity to test it again (it's not possible with Virtualbox btw).