They offer different flash templates with latest features.
Login

Forgot password
Register

20130204-1554

Back
Maintainer:
fredg
Architecture: i386
Type: Cinnamon

Tests

Untested cases (17)

Test caseReportsSuccessWarningsFailures
#003: Plymouth text theme0000
#005c: Kernel metapackage0000
#011 /etc/apt/preferences.d0000
#020: Ctrl, Alt, Backspace0000
#036: Localized installation0000
#038: Installation with custom-partitioning0000
#039: Other OS in Grub0000
#042: apt sources0000
#043: apt policy0000
#044: apt update0000
#044: DVD Playback0000
#045: MP3 CD Ripping0000
#045: repository keys0000
#047: Online Plugins and File associations0000
#060: Intel chipset0000
#061: nVidia chipset0000
#062: ATI chipset0000

Failed cases (1)

#001: ISO label2101

Succeeded cases (7)

#000: Integrity check2200
#001: ISO label2101
#004: Plymouth default theme2200
#005: Network Manager / Wicd1100
#010 Clean root dir1100
#019: LSB and info file1100
#105: Boot Hybrid ISO via USB1100

Comments

1 year ago

Mr. B

Hi Clem,

Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to test the new iso's when they are ready and uploaded. My partitions are waiting for them. :)

1 year ago

clem

Hi,

The networking problems are due to a bad DNS resolution. We'll reject these ISOs and fix it in the next ones.

1 year ago

Mr. B

Hi AJAY-TECH,

Thank you for the heads up, i totally forgot about that part. My bad. :)

1 year ago

AJAY-TECH

Hello Mr. B this may answer your question about the 486 kernel

http://www.linuxmint.com/rel_debian.php

From the LMDE 201108 Aug 18th 2011

Hope that helps.

1 year ago

Mr. B

I reported a failure from All Applications because earlier today i wasn't able to get Gparted started in the live session from the Menu. I could use it in the installer though and get the partitions set up.

Sorry that i forgot to post this before i did the actual install.

1 year ago

Mr. B

I tested if i had internet connection with the cable hooked on in the live session since wifi doesn't work as mentioned before. With cable all was fine until i did a real install on my netbook.

The strange thing is that i had the cable and later wifi connection up and running after the installation but i somehow couldn't get on the web, irc or anything else internet releated at all.

There is certainly something wrong with the iso's i think (the MATE iso has the same problems as i mentioned here in my previous reports). MD5SUM were correct of both iso's, integrity check of the usb stick was a succes. So i'm kinda stuck here at the moment.

Going to set up a few partitions tomorrow for testing the two 32-bit versions and keep one stable installed for logging in to, to report.

1 year ago

Mr. B

Another issue i found during the live session is that i wasn't able to mount any of my usb sticks or hard drives. Permission was denied, even from the ones on the netbook that i use for testing the 32-bit.

1 year ago

Mr. B

I have a question about the kernel. Why is the 486 kernel used and not the 686 (PAE)?

I thought the 486 was being dropped and the 686 pae used unstead for the future 32-bit releases? I could be mistaken, if so apologies. smiley

1 year ago

jan-olof

#027: Backgrounds

Running live media. When changing background all icons disappear from the desktop. Nothing happens when right-clicking.

1 year ago

jan-olof

#021: Login Manager branding

Not available so I reported this as a failure.

1 year ago

Mr. B

I also forgot to mention that when login out and before you are put back to the desktop the Gnome window/message 'Oh No, Something has gone wrong' pops up.

1 year ago

Mr. B

LMDE shouldn't be named Linux Mint 14 as far as i know.

I also have some other issues to report on this 32-bit before i continue with testing from a live usb stick session:

- system monitor is missing

- Log Out throws you back onto the desktop and not to the Login Screen

- Shut Down from the live session is missing Restart and the Shut Down options, only Cancel is shown. So you have to wait the full 60 seconds.

- I can't connect to the wireless connection. I click on my WiFi network from the panel but no window pops up to enter my wifi's password.

:)

1 year ago

jan-olof

How do you spell "Cinnamon"? (name of iso)blush

#001: ISO Label

Should LMDE be called Version 14 even though it's a rolling distribution?