Guayadeque is a lightweight and easy-to-use music player that supports smart playlists and huge music collections.
main features include:
- play mp3, ogg, flac, wma, mpc, mp4, ape, etc.
- read and write tags in all supported formats.
- allow to catalogue your music using labels. any track, artist or album
can have as many labels you want.
- smart play mode that add tracks that fit your music taste using the
tracks currently in play list.
- ability to download covers manually or automatically
- suggest music using last.fm service.
- allow fast access to any music file by genre, artist, album, etc
- play shoutcast radios.
- allow to subscribe to podcasts and download all new episodes
automatically or manually.
- dynamic or static play lists.
- tracks tag editor with automatically fetching of tags information for
- lyrics downloads from different lyrics providers.
- easily expandable contextual links support. with it you can find
information about a track, an artist or an album on your favourite site.
- easily expandable contextual commands support. for example you can right
click on any album and click in option to record the album in a burning
- option to copy the selection you want to a directory or device using a
- last.fm audioscrobbling support.
- partial gnome session support to detect when gnome session is about to
close and save the play list so it can continue next time with the same
- allow to resume play status and position when closed and reopened.
- you can rate the tracks from 0 to 5 stars.
- mpris d-bus interface support so it can easily controlled from music
applets for example and many more.