Rtorrent is a bittorrent client based on libtorrent. it uses ncurses and aims to be a lean, yet powerful bittorrent client, with features similar to the most complex graphical clients.
since it is a terminal application, it can be used with the "screen"/"dtach" utility so that the user can conveniently logout from the system while keeping the file transfers active.
some of the features of rtorrent include:
* use an url or file path to add torrents at runtime
* stop/delete/resume torrents
* optionally loads/saves/deletes torrents automatically in a session
* safe fast resume support
* detailed information about peers and the torrent
* support for distributed hash tables (dht)
* support for peer-exchange (pex)
* support for initial seeding (superseeding)