Install .rpm Packages
Linux Mint Support only deb package installation, If you have some software in rpm package you can install it in Linux Mint easily.
To install open Terminal (Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy the following command in the Terminal:
- sudo apt-get install alien dpkg-dev debhelper build-essential
Now convert package from RPM format to DEB format, use the following command. Change your packagename in command:
- sudo alien packagename.rpm
To install the deb package enter following command:
- sudo dpkg -i packagename.deb
Tags: rpm packages, rpm, install rpm
Created: 1 year ago.
Last edited: 1 year ago.
Reviewed: 1 year ago.
Read 0 times.
|11 months ago||
|Good old alien. Thanks for the tutorial.|
|1 year ago||
Please use the forum for support, no one will see your post here:
|1 year ago||
|Hi there, I am a newbie and am having a bit of trouble installing .rpm packages. The system says Alien is installed but I can't find it and do not know how to execute it. I need to install "iscan-2.28.1-3.i386.rpm" to get my scanner to work as the OS does not read the scanner. It's an Epson Perfection V33. Can you possibly advise please?|
Other tutorials from crismblog
- Google Search in Terminal
- Usb installation method dd
- Install Awoken Icons
- How to install Archey and Screenfetch
- Reset Password
- Install TV MAXE
- Add a Welcome message in Terminal
- Get fortune cookies on your terminal
- Use alias to create shortcuts for commands
- Install more MDM (Mint Display Manager) themes