How to install MPLABX IDE [LMDE]

carlosjimy
  11 years ago

MPLABX is the integrated IDE of Microchip to develop software for PIC microcontrolers and work under Windows, Linux and MacOS.

I've recently installed LMDE with UpdatePack4 and I tried to install MPLABX v1.10 but the installer did not ran. Then i realized that problems refers to Java because this package is not available in the repos and openjdk doesn't work with MPLABX.

The solution to run MPLABX installer is instal sun-java6-jre, ia32-sun-java6-jre and his dependences from debian squeeze's repos.

1) Add the following line to the source list. (/etc/apt/sourcelist)

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian squeeze main contrib non-free

2) Update and install the packages

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jre  ia32-sun-java6-jre

3) Now you can run the MPLAB installer normally. Do not forget undo the changes to the source list

I hope this info to be useful
I hope this info to be useful.MPLABX is the integrated IDE of Microchip to develop software for PIC microcontrolers and work under Windows, Linux and MacOS.

I've recently installed LMDE with UpdatePack4 and I tried to install MPLABX v1.10 but the installer did not ran. Then i realized that problems refers to Java because this package is not available in the repos and openjdk doesn't work with MPLABX.

The solution to run MPLABX installer is instal sun-java6-jre, ia32-sun-java6-jre and his dependences from debian squeeze's repos.

1) Add the following line to the source list. (/etc/apt/sourcelist)

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian squeeze main contrib non-free

2) Update and install the packages

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jre  ia32-sun-java6-jre

3) Now you can run the MPLAB installer normally. Do not forget undo the changes to the source list

I hope this info to be useful.
Comments
nicollok 11 years ago

Thanks, it works for me.
A little correction : this is ia32-sun-java6-bin and not jre.
Thanks again, I really didn't know how to do.