|Status: Works fine with some minor problems|
SW - linux mint 13 cinnamon 32-bit with multm.support
HW - D150
|What doesn't work:|
Terribly slow or freezing SW manager
- Broadcom Bcm4312 WIFI not detected!!! - solved via b43** packages and some terminal entry, however not in a nice way
- resolution of screen is not adjustable (800*600 assumed) when connecting 2nd screen!!! - solved via resapplet, screen-resolution-extra
Partial drag and drop - no multiple marking!!!
Scanner (hp 6310) not detected (xsane&simplescan;)
noisy fan does not stop till rebooting
RAM Cache always full - slowdowns the system
(7) Overheating - shutting off continuously - Block in "heavy" sites as facebook or with many images
(8) MS Wireless Keybord 1000 not working (MS Desktop Receiver 3.1)
(9) No drivers for the 3G-usb (Cosmote-GR)
|What was done to make it work:|
b43-fwcutter, fw-b43-lpphy-installer, broadcom-sta-common
+ some commandline and restarts
sudo apt-get install --reinstall bcmwl-kernel-source broadcom-sta-common broadcom-sta-source
echo "blacklist brcmsmac" | sudo tee -a /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
echo "blacklist bcma" | sudo tee -a /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
- resapplet, screen-resolution-extra
(4) scanner detected in xsane only via
sudo adduser saned lpadmin
sudo adduser saned lp
sudo apt-get install libcups2-dev
sudo hp-check -r
do not work
- bleachbit ("ccleaner" in linux)
Problem difficult to handle.
- However, using Chrome (w/o Adblock, seems to add stress) instead of Firefox brings some improvement.
- If midori is used processor load and is far less and overheating is avoided, but is very elementary browser.
- Depends on Firefox & Chrome editions e.g currently (07/2013) with Adblock & Flashblock things seem far better.
(9) Bypass the problem by using WBR-6800 (3g-wifi router).
(only possible for Cosmote network, not Vodafone where a PC/MAC application is required)
- npp++ & foxit via Wine (gedit & doc.viewer relatively primitive)
- Firefox: change Yahoo default search engine (!!!) to Google
- smaller fonts (to 9)
Applications & Tricks
Created: 4 years ago.
Last edited: 3 years ago.
Read 0 times.
Other devices from psaranto
No other devices.