H67H2-M2

gloriousigor
  9 years ago
  ECS (Motherboard)
  Mint (older version)
  Works perfectly
What works:

Loving the S/PDIF ALC892 sound and problem-free installation.

What doesn't work:

Everything works to my knowledge, although I have not tried HDMI or Gigabit LAN, the router being limited to 10/100.

What was done to make it work:

I didn't do much other than poke around Synaptic Package Manager looking for intel drivers, just in case that might help with video decoding. Maybe it did, I don't really know. Other than that be sure that you select IEC9xx Digital for sound if you're going the S/PDIF route.

Additional notes:

This motherboard inaugurates a new policy of mine of only buying INTEL cpu in order to have a good Linux experience.

I did tweak the xorg.conf a bit to make sure the display resolution held steady, because Linux gets confused sometimes with my htpc monitor, which is limited to 800x600 display, and would sometimes boot with 1024x768 or higher. I had this problem with an earlier motherboard as well, so I knew what to do. I had to edit xorg.conf and teach it the fixed resolution, for which there's a good guide at ubuntu or archlinux, and while I was at it, I chose the SNA video acceleration which apparently is faster, according to the ArchLinux guide on this stuff. I don't really understand all of that, but I think I've got it working on my rig at any rate. I have yet to read a good explanation. They just say that SNA is faster, but experimental or something.