6 years ago
HP Pro (Laptop or Netbook)
Mint (older version)
Pretty much everything
What doesn't work:
1. Discrete Graphics AMD Radeon HD 7400M Series works well and without special tweaks with only the old ATI Catalyst driver 8.96v. The newest versions of the Catalyst driver fail.
2. Touchpad switch-off - touchpad area (top left corner) which when doubleclicked switches off the touchpad (not a vital function, of course)
What was done to make it work:
ATI Graphics driver
1. Install the fglrx driver of the lowest version (8.96) provided by the default repository:
sudo apt-get install fglrx
2. Set up fglrx for the first time:
sudo aticonfig --initial -f
3. Switch between discrete GPU (High-Performance mode) and integrated GPU (Power-Saving mode) with:
sudo aticonfig --px-dgpu
sudo aticonfig --px-igpu
With fglrx 8.96 installed as mentioned above, both integrated and discrete GPUs work well.
Overall, good duo: HP Pro 4530s - Linux Mint 13!