OBS - pretty much out of the box
|What doesn't work:|
1) Steam doesnt run flawlessly. it worked way better in 18.2.
(tested with dungeons 2 which is linux native)
2) It has super annoying problems with its swapfile.
3) scanning documents is a nightmare
|What was done to make it work:|
1) add apt repository... somthing ubuntu for graphic drivers.
while that got it working for the most part performance is still underwhelming.
2) by removing the line: "/swapfile none swap sw 0 0" in /etc/fstab
it still rants about a random key with some swap thing on every kernel upgrade. even though I did not touch anything there after install (and the one line mentioned here).
Also /home is encrypted. (there is information about that error in the release notes but it didnt get fixed since it first occured)
3) installed the driver. then ran:
sudo ln -s /opt/smfp-common/scanner/lib/libsane-smfp.so.1.0.1 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/sane/libsane-smfp.so.1
4) I get it, its mint, not bleeding edge..
.. but come on guys! you cant run outdated versions of youtube-dl properly. They have to be included way WAY faster! I did not make it work, i just used a different device with a different OS for that.
to the moderator:
Please include a category for:
Dell Inspirion 545 and change the selection in the drop down menu accordingly. I neither found it nor an option to add a category myself.
also "Samsung - Xpress M2070" so i can add that device properly with a little tutorial on how i got the scanner working.
and when youre done with that please remove all the additional Notes. Thank you D: