DX4822-03

KirkM
  8 years ago
  Gateway (Desktop computer)
  Mint (older version)
  Works perfectly
What works:

This is a modified summary from the System profiler.

-Computer-
Processor : 4x Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz
Memory : 8199MB (699MB used)
Operating System : Linux Mint Debian Edition
User Name : kmb42vt (kmb42vt)
Date/Time : Thu 21 Jul 2011 06:29:20 PM EDT
-Display-
Resolution : 1440x900 pixels
OpenGL Renderer : GeForce GT 430/PCI/SSE2
X11 Vendor : The X.Org Foundation
-Multimedia-
Audio Adapter : HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
Audio Adapter : HDA-Intel - HDA NVidia
-Input Devices-
AT Translated Set 2 keyboard
USB Optical Mouse
Power Button
Power Button
PC Speaker
HDA Intel Headphone
-Printers (CUPS)-
Print_to_PDF
PSC-1400-series : Default
PSC-1400-series-2
-SCSI Disks-
ATA WDC WD10EADS-22M
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH41N
Generic USB SD Reader
Generic USB CF Reader
Generic USB xD/SM Reader
Generic USB MS Reader
Generic Mini SD Reader

What doesn't work:

No problems

Additional notes:

This is desktop computer was built in 2009 and bought "refurbished" in 2010. The 300 watt power supply was immediately upgraded to a 550 watt. I removed both the TV and wireless cards since I had no use for them. That plus the TV card was blocking the video card cooling fan which caused it to overheat. I also replaced the included Nvidia GT 220 with a new GT430 as I suspected that the GT220 was heat damaged and causing problems, as well as adding a case fan. The desktop has been running 100% since the modifications. Considering the price I paid for it plus the mods, the machine was well worth it.

Currently I'm running Linux Mint 11 as my main OS (extended partition with separate Root, Home and Swap (logical) partitions, the Swap partition being shared by two other distros. I also have two other primary partitions I use for testing purposes. One is for continued testing of LMDE and the other I run different distros through. Currently it holds an install of Chakra "Testing" (based on Arch).

That being said, I'm using LMDE 90% of the time and have been for quite awhile already. When the LMDE respin comes out this summer (2011), I plan to switch to LMDE as my main OS.