MSI Cubi N 8GL

cieggi
  1 year ago
  MSI (Mini-PC)
  Mint 20.x
  Works fine with some minor problems
What works:

Hardware acceleration works fine so the performance are equal to Windows. I've done some test with 4K h265 files.
Mint 20 (Cinnamon) is one on the two distros where the hardware acceleration works fine. The other one is Ubuntu. I've tested a lot of distros, but these 2 distros are the only that support 100% working hardware acceleration out-of-the-box for this Intel N5000.

What doesn't work:

Hardware acceleration works fine only in the official edition, in the LMDE edition it doesn't work out-of-the-box. I suggest you to download the Cinnmon Edition if you have an Intel N5000 based system.

The only bug I found is with the standby. Sometimes, not always, if you put the system in standby you have to wake up the system 2-3 times before it really wake up. This happens only if you put the system in standby and not always. At the moment I didn't find a particular behaviour that makes this bug happen. If you turn on and off the system without using the standby it works perfectly with no issues at all.
Anyway, the standby works and it's usable, but you may have to deal with this little issue sometimes.