They offer different flash templates with latest features.
Login

Forgot password
Register

Scanjet 4370

Brand: HP (Hewlett-Packard) (Scanner)
Back

Release: Isadora

Owner:
Xyie

What works:

Simple Scan program allows documents to be scanned and saved.

What doesn't work:

Scanner buttons appear to do nothing, prompting no software response. Scanner must be started with software prompting for a scan.

Some tinkering must be done with the resolution in order to have anything displayed. While trying to scan a text document I had to scan the page as an image.

What was done to make it work:

Simple Scan: Experimented with resolution settings and text/photo settings till image scanned properly.

Xsane: First scan worked well.

Additional notes:

While writing this review, testing the scanner on a different computer with Mint 9 XFCE, the scanned image was mis-translated somehow and displayed multiple colored lines of yellow, magenta and cyan, like one would expect if their printer's ink bled over a page. I suspect this may simply indicate a faulty usb port on the computer, rather than an issue with the scanner or the software. This issue has occurred on both desktops I've tested, but after testing again with my laptop, it worked fine. Again, it may be configuration issues only.

I'm certain someone more knowledgeable would be able to tell if the scanner buttons are doing anything (sending a message to the computer) but not effecting any result (responded to by software), and maybe even make them do something. But I don't know how. It worked fine using my laptop, but this desktop is old.

I will make attempts to test out the scanner buttons with xsane installed. I don't expect anything new, but it's worth a try.

Created: 8 years ago.
Last edited: 8 years ago.
Read 143 times.

Other devices from Xyie