T61

99er
  10 years ago
  IBM (Laptop or Netbook)
  Mint (older version)
  Works perfectly
What works:

- Wireless network adapter
- On board video (to full resolution 1280x800)
- On board sound
- Reads the battery charge and remaining power properly
- Function keys working properly

Additional notes:

Technical Specs on Device

Chipset: Intel Core 2 Duo (Merom) 1.8GHZ
CPU: Core 2 Duo T7300 (2GHz)
RAM: PC2-5300 667 MHz SO DIMM Non-Parity (NP) DDR2 4G installed
HD: 160G SATA 5400RPM *Toshiba*
Display: 14.1" WXGA+ (1280x800) TFT
Graphics: 128MB nVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M
Optical Drive: Standard OEM CD-RW DVD-ROM combo drive
Wireless: Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN
NIC: Intel 82566MM Gigabit
Modem: Conexant (??)*NOT TESTED*

Other Ports:
--
AC adapter, Expansion Bus port (for Dock or Port Replicator), External microphone, External Display (DB-15), Headphone/Line out, Line in, RJ-11, RJ-45, 3 USB 2.0, Fingerprint Reader *NOT TESTED*

PC Card: Type-II
Battery: 7 Cell Lithium-Ion

I installed the 64bit edition for I will be receiving 4GB X2 sometime next week for the laptop (supposedly 8GB is the max, but 4GB will do), I will edit in the result for that when it becomes available. I am so far pleased with the results, I plan to run VMWare Player to run a Windows OS (for work related tasks), the extra ram will help in that regards. The hard disk drive that came with the unit (WD 80GB) has been switched out for a larger unit (Samsung 160GB). Both are 5400RM based drives and are running in compatibility mode (rather ACPI mode). I have not tested ACPI mode, but intend to do so later. All software I used in a 32bit environment seems to be getting along with the system as a 64bit environment.

Update: With the 4gb of ram installed now I can take full advantage of the 64bit distribution. I am now running the released version of 11, not the RC. I notice a vast improvement. I'm really happy they made the switch to Libre Office, for that is what I use on my Windows machines and I find it an improvement in both speed and features (being a WordPerfect user in the past I appreciate the extension support).

Software Installed:
- 11 RC Bundled software
- Lynx
- Google Chrome
- VMWare Player (64)
- Inkscape
- Bluefish
- Python IDLE