|Status: Works fine with some minor problems|
Everything, I think.
|What doesn't work:|
1. Installing via SARDU created usb, using live DVD iso 64bit Katya
2. NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M with nvidia_current and any driver from nvidia
|What was done to make it work:|
Installing via usb:
1. BIOS setting for SATA, change AHCI to IDE
2. Insert/add "libata.force=noncq" in grub along "quiet splash" line
3. Install OK
1. While using "acpi=off" in grub, installing process hang while "almost finished ..."
2. Use USB port on the left side. Didn't work with the right side port (because of USB 3, I think!?)
3. No proper support from ACER for this issue, nor anything related to installing linux (or just accept linpus by default if you want)
1. The only thing that works is ironhide by MrMEEE/martin-juhl
2. It's nvidia driver, not nouveau,,nv or whatever
1. Not working: installing via additional hardware/jockey
2. Not working: installing from nvidia website, please read "Additional Information", plain and honest
It used to be "Doesn't work with MAJOR problems", now it's working after 1 week stressed+physically-sick&bed;-rest and additional 1 and a half week stressed without sick.
Tried "Fix for ACPI=OFF Boot Option", didn't work, both for installing linuxmint and nvidia driver.
Created: 4 years ago.
Last edited: 4 years ago.
Read 0 times.
Other devices from mark_t
No other devices.