Add more themes and wallpapers

ratick
  8 years ago
  Implemented

I think it's good to add more themes and wallpapers

We know in linux mint has limited of theme. It's better to add more themes.

Also I realized very limited wallpaper integrated in linux mint. So it should better to add more themes and wallpapers

My suggestion is would be nice to fetch information from http://www.linuxmint-art.org/ and make it available to direct download to linuxmint
Latest comments
xrdeem 8 years ago

You need a one click solution from linuxmint-art.org... One click (or two) should be enough for me to download and auto-install a complete theme so that it shows right away. I have not been able to change my theme because there is no info on how to do it.

Captain-Hooke 8 years ago

I used a Mint 'Steampunk' Wallpaper a while back. A 'Steampunk' theme along the same lines would be great. I love that old look but modern technology idea.

Just tried Windows 8 in VirtualBox (see www.howtogeek.com), the appearance is quite nice, a similar Mint theme might be appealing.

MarkX 8 years ago

I agree with most posters. It is a nice though but there is just no space for the extra artwork. But a place to download really great art on the Community site would be good. I am not to crazy about the art mentioned in the sites below. With that said there are a number or good sites that are not part of the Linux Mint Community to get great art.

oscar799 8 years ago

Menu>System>Preferences>Appearance contains options "Get more themes online" and "Get more backgrounds online" which link to http://www.linuxmint-art.org/
Therefore I am marking this idea as Implemented

blueXrider 8 years ago

Personal opinion, lots of good stuff out there. Questions go HERE

AgingTechnogeek 8 years ago

It is easy enough to add wallpapers and themes from any source, such as linuxmint-art.org, gnome-look.org, kde-look.org, etc. There is no real need to clutter the install CD/DVD with extra artwork.

isoscelesrectangle 8 years ago

Maybe in the DVD, but that's not going to happen in the CD version, because space in the CD is EXTREMELY limited.