They offer different flash templates with latest features.
Login

Forgot password
Register
Back

Points/xp for screenshots

Created 8 years ago, edited 8 years ago.
Status changed 6 years ago
Author:

dagon
Under dev. review
  Score:
30 votes
Idea:

I think it would be a good idea to give xp for screenshots. It just makes some people 'tick' and could contribute a lot to the screenshot situation (~1.2% of the packages have a screenshot).

Comments:

6 years ago

arvislacis
Great idea.  
6 years ago

dagon
:) -Whoopie!

6 years ago

oscar799
I am marking this "Considered"  
6 years ago

jose_manuel
Great Idea. I Promote this idea !!!!  
7 years ago

blueXrider
Nice idea  
7 years ago

dagon
The screenshots are moderated allready and you can only submit pictures to the ones that lack one. One picture per application.  
7 years ago

maverickjesterx
I think it is a cool idea. The only problem is the site may get flooded with garbage just for points. There may be a ton of screen shots that don't realy show anything interesting and also many of the generic install saying something like "hey look, I installed it on my computer" but the idea has merit if its not abused.  
7 years ago

dagon
@axelinux and Jac978... Since the points you get are lagging by some 24 hours or so, it's easy to get the impression that you get points for screenshots. You don't. I think you get 1 point for a vote and at least one point for comments... How much should you get for a screenshot?
Also... I really don't think it's realistic to have an independent screenshot collection for mint or whatever distro. If I submit a screenshot I want it to be shared with other distros as well automatically. I shouldn't have to crosspost at other places... More pretty pictures for the masses! :D

8 years ago

guv999
I agree.I would definitely support a campaign to get more screen shots.  
8 years ago

axelinux
I'm sure I've gained some points for some screenshots... It doesn't matter at all... but I agree with you... we need to upload more Mint screenshots for us, the growing community...  
8 years ago

Jac978
I think I've gained XP for screenshots as well.  
8 years ago

dagon
No. And I'm not the first to sugest points for pics either. I've done a whole bunch of screenshots... nothing. Personally I don't care, but I'm curious to see if it would make a difference. I think it would.  
8 years ago

guv999
I am pretty sure I have gained XP points for screenshots - could anyone confirm this please?  
8 years ago

remoulder
Ah, it seems I am mistaken about this. I was under the belief that since mint used ubuntu repos they also used the same screenshots, which are held on screenshots.ubuntu.com an alias for screenshots.debian.net. But it seems that mint is storing it's own screenshots for use here and in mintinstall. If you want to see the screenshots from there, you can use synaptic package manager. In that case your idea has merit.  
8 years ago

dagon
Hi. As you can upload screenshot's here and people seem to think it's a good idea I thought this idea was sort of on the 'safe side'. It's in line with
this thread. http://community.linuxmint.com/idea/view/556
I upload my screenshots to booth screenshots.debian and community.linuxmint. How do I make the pictures from screenshots.debian to show up in my computer?

8 years ago

remoulder
Screenshots for deb packages should be submitted to http://screenshots.debian.net/upload, this has nothing to do with mint.  

Other ideas from dagon