Switching keyboard language on Mint

Yuri
  11 years ago
  Considered

Switching keyboard language to do both in windows - left Ctrl+Shift.
For working in Windows it is a more familiar and comfortable.
She's no have a shock from new system.
Latest comments
jahid_0903014 8 years ago

you can change it according to your preference, and everybodies preferences are not the same.

nissimnanach 9 years ago

LINUX MINT 14: LEFT SHIFT + CAPS LOCK is default

Change default by:
1. Right-click on keyboard language indicator in right
2. Select "Layouts" tab
3. Options: KEYS TO CHANGE LAYOUT

iori_yagami 9 years ago

"Left Ctrl + Shift" that's not working for me, I'm trying to find a shortcut to switch between to keyboard layouts, but I couldn't.
I tried to customize a shortcut but I don't know the appropriate command to switch. Any help please?

losalamos 10 years ago

Hi,
vincentv, your advice is totally right except the fact that there's no standard procedure how to add _shortcut_ for certain keyboard locale (or I could not find/ google it out).
For instance, if a user has English, German and French layouts, a shortcut like CTRL-SHIFT-1 would set directly (without going through all language layouts with CTRL-SHIFT) English, CTRL-SHIFT-2 would set German, and CTLR-SHIFT-3 - French.
Is it possible to do that in Mint 13 Maya (Mate)?

blueXrider 11 years ago

use the keyboard shortcuts and set your own.

Gurman 11 years ago

"left Ctrl+Shift" must be default.

Xyie 11 years ago

The current method of switching keyboard layout works well, (graphical, in system tray), but it should be a relatively simple matter of adding your own custom keyboard shortcut with the action of switching the keyboard layout. I'm not entirely certain it would be beneficial to have it as a default keyboard shortcut, but maybe so.