Switching keyboard language on Mint

Yuri
  10 years ago
  Considered

Switching keyboard language to do both in windows - left Ctrl+Shift.
For working in Windows it is a more familiar and comfortable.
She's no have a shock from new system.
Latest comments
jahid_0903014 7 years ago

you can change it according to your preference, and everybodies preferences are not the same.

nissimnanach 8 years ago

LINUX MINT 14: LEFT SHIFT + CAPS LOCK is default

Change default by:
1. Right-click on keyboard language indicator in right
2. Select "Layouts" tab
3. Options: KEYS TO CHANGE LAYOUT

iori_yagami 9 years ago

"Left Ctrl + Shift" that's not working for me, I'm trying to find a shortcut to switch between to keyboard layouts, but I couldn't.
I tried to customize a shortcut but I don't know the appropriate command to switch. Any help please?

losalamos 9 years ago

Hi,
vincentv, your advice is totally right except the fact that there's no standard procedure how to add _shortcut_ for certain keyboard locale (or I could not find/ google it out).
For instance, if a user has English, German and French layouts, a shortcut like CTRL-SHIFT-1 would set directly (without going through all language layouts with CTRL-SHIFT) English, CTRL-SHIFT-2 would set German, and CTLR-SHIFT-3 - French.
Is it possible to do that in Mint 13 Maya (Mate)?

blueXrider 10 years ago

use the keyboard shortcuts and set your own.

Gurman 10 years ago

"left Ctrl+Shift" must be default.

Xyie 10 years ago

The current method of switching keyboard layout works well, (graphical, in system tray), but it should be a relatively simple matter of adding your own custom keyboard shortcut with the action of switching the keyboard layout. I'm not entirely certain it would be beneficial to have it as a default keyboard shortcut, but maybe so.