Integrated Calender improvement

numn
  11 years ago
  Considered

Well i am a busy man and like to know when to do what.
It would be really nice if the integrated GNOME Calender at the topright corner would have the option to insert events into it which get highlighted. Much like a minimalistic android/iphonr calender.
Latest comments
oscar799 10 years ago

From the comments it looks like this can be achieved by other means,therefore I am marking this idea "Rejected"

blueXrider 11 years ago

Thunderbird with lightning extension. ROCKS!

numn 11 years ago

Well its just an idea i personally find usefull because i am a badmemoryman like tayss ;D but thanx alot for the suggestions! Totally giving them a try!
@remoulder: Ive really never heard of something like that.. thanx for the tipp! I guess that means switching back to Evolution ;)

kazztan0325 11 years ago

Here is another solution for you.

What about to try 'Remember The Milk'?
It is integrated well with Google Calender.

Services / Remember The Milk for Google Calendar

remoulder 11 years ago

This suggestion is based on a lack of knowledge about how things works together. You can already use the panel calender the way you suggest but you need to be running Evolution which is not installed in Mint. Please ask in the forums for further help.

tayss 11 years ago

gpe-calendar, with its integrated alarm, is alright for me. Being on Linux its also easy to program those events.

tayss 11 years ago

On the one hand it is very handy for users, like me, who have bad memory. On the other hand you will need a professional calendar AND other stuff that reminds you on when and whatever to do. Also think about the fact 99% users won't need and vote against.