They offer different flash templates with latest features.
Login

Forgot password
Register
Back

Make Idea/Tutorial Comments Rows Layout Vertically Aligned to the Top

Created 7 years ago, edited 7 years ago.
Status changed 6 years ago
Author:

RayWoods
Under dev. review
  Score:
19 votes
Idea:

May be it is my old eyes but I do find the layout on the comments to be unclear. Within the table of the comments currently each row has a vertical alignment of 'middle'. Now, if the comment is longer than a few lines you need to search up to a very thin pale green line to see the beginning of the post. When there are a number of large posts it can be very unclear where one post ends and another starts.

If these rows were aligned to the top instead it would create a far more clearer layout.

Plus, as per the comment by @mikefreeman alternate the background colour light green/white as well.

Comments:

7 years ago

blueXrider
Yes sir. There is a problem!  
7 years ago

DJCrashdummy
i totally agree with blueXrider! - this wold be the easiest way!
--> but it would also be nice to see all other suggestions implemented!

7 years ago

RayWoods
There are many ways in which the different comments can be clearly separated. Shall we just say there is a problem that needs sorting?  
7 years ago

blueXrider
How about making the boarders bolder and defaulting the format of +1 space before and +1 space after comments. This would allow "1 space|boarder|1 space" between comments thus allowing more separation?  
7 years ago

RayWoods
Totally agree @mikefreeman that would help with clarity too.  
7 years ago

kazztan0325
@RayWoods and @mikefreeman:
I agree with both of you.

Comments rows are aligned to the top, and they alternate background color.

I also think these are the good way for us to read comments clearly.

7 years ago

mikefreeman
I have had that thought, too. But my thinking was that they should alternate background color so that one comment is on white, the next on light green, the next on white again, etc. But your way would probably be easier to implement.  

Other ideas from RayWoods