They offer different flash templates with latest features.
Login

Forgot password
Register
Back

Linux Mint newsletter

Created 6 years ago, edited 6 years ago.
Status changed 5 years ago
Author:

trollboy
Considered
  Score:
43 votes
Idea:

Newsletters are a great way to communicate with a large group of disparate users. The mint newsletter could summarise the blogs, mint cast, forum and community activity and be used as a way of driving traffic to these sites and thereby strengthening and diversifying the community even more.

On the site I am senior developer for, we see a near doubling of traffic the day after the newsletter goes out.

Comments:

4 years ago

johnc4510
I just migrated to mint from ubuntu. I worked on the ubuntu newsletter for several years and was chief editor for about 100 issues. We found that it was a great way to help all the different parts of the community know what was going on in areas they weren't involved in. I would be very much in favor of this idea for mint, and would be glad to lend my knowledge in helping to establish a community newsletter.  
5 years ago

DestinFaroda
RSS and Atom are the modern forms of newsletters.  
5 years ago

dagon
Full Circle. An independent Ubuntu newsletter:
http://fullcirclemagazine.org/

5 years ago

MiLeon
Mint need a buildin news reader extra for mint itself  
5 years ago

grouchy
Great idea!  
5 years ago

dagon
There used to be a newsletter of sorts. Here's a sample:
http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=567

6 years ago

andrdema44
This is a great idea, I've had to use Google Alerts to alert me to updates on this site and it's just plain annoying. Having a newsletter would save me a lot of time messing around with filters.

6 years ago

Labby
Great idea! I would definitely subscribe to it.  
6 years ago

RavS
Great Idea. +11  
6 years ago

Jac978
I like this idea very much.
When can I subscribe on it? :)

6 years ago

efthialex
Finally i found one great idea. It's been a long time.

6 years ago

kazztan0325
I like this idea!

By the way, Isn't Mint Team short of hands for realizing this idea?

6 years ago

Alexio
The best free service that can be used to create and distribute newsletters is MailChimp, It helps you design email newsletters, share them on social networks, integrate with services you already use, and track your results. I think it's the best choice to start with the "Forever Free Plan": send up to 12,000 emails per month, no contracts, no credit card required.  
6 years ago

blueXrider
There are so many good ideas to help the community grow here. I completely understand the community growth factor and would one day like to see this take place.

With no disrespect intended, I don't see any actions taking place from suggestions that are currently made.

I would promote this idea.

Other ideas from trollboy