Use tags for ideas and word clouds

Alexio
  9 years ago
  Under dev. review

As one user submits or reads some idea, there should be an option to tag the idea with one or more keywords separated by spaces (as in the TiddlyWiki implementation).

Some word clouds for all ideas would be also useful, as in the screenshot available from Wikimedia which presents the second-generation tag clouds.

More information can be found in an article about the Second Generation Tag Clouds.
Latest comments
Qruqs 8 years ago

I hate that stuff.

Alexio 9 years ago

@dagon - I updated the first link and added the pictures below the text using some HTML tags.

@RayWoods - Thank you!

RayWoods 9 years ago

Okay, let's put it up for Consideration then.

New > Considered

dagon 9 years ago

*First link dead!
I could find no duplicate. There needs to be some subdivision of the posts. Maybe tags could be a part of that or not. Maybe we could have people with extra permission to manage tags without being mods. canTag=TRUE

dandv 10 years ago

Agree with this idea. Rovanion, please provide the duplicate.

Alexio 11 years ago

Just found a website that illustrates very well this idea about tags and word clouds: http://smartideabox.com/ There is a simple layout with a Categories menu, the Most Recent Ideas listed on the main page and some boxes with Recent Comments, Random Ideas, Most Viewed, Most Commented, Who's Online and the Tags Cloud.

Alexio 11 years ago

I used the search facility to find the keyword ¨tag¨ in all ideas and there are only 4 results at this moment: Use tags for ideas and word clouds (my idea), "MintReinstallMyApps", Info in Hardware Module, Don't forget this is ALPHA. Maybe the search function needs some improvements. If you know a similar idea, please write the title of that idea. Also, tags could be used to group similar or identical ideas. The tag clouds could be used for quick navigation from one idea to another idea.

Rovanion 11 years ago

There is already an idea about tags for ideas, search before you create an idea to prevent duplicates.