Ubuntu Tweak Or A Mint Version

brucey
  9 years ago
  Considered

Hi guys, i use Ubuntu tweak for everything ie. cleaning cache etc ...
Its such a great wee program.
Maybe even have a Mint version would be awesome :)

Let Me Know What You Guys Think

Brucey
Latest comments
Mad-Cow 6 years ago

Yeah integration of the aspects of it would be good

blueXrider 8 years ago

Marked REJECTED however Ubuntu-Tweak is a good tool, so is Ailurus. They both are licensed under GNU-GPL. No reason not to tweak the tweaks.

kaddy 8 years ago

good idea. Ubuntu tweak is very useful. It should be installed on mint "or a mint version" by default for those that want to tinker but may not know about this great piece of software

clem 9 years ago

I don't like the idea of having a tool that does very different things. If there are particular features that you feel are missing in Mint, then please explain them, and we can add them to mintDesktop, other tools, or even create new tools for them.

linuxmint 9 years ago

Should definitely be added to future versions of Linux Mint.

ichuot 9 years ago

Just Change The icon And Name!
=))

jlr1701 9 years ago

Love Ubuntu Tweak! My system is tweaked to the max! :)

mikefreeman 9 years ago

Ubuntu Tweak is AWESOME! It does TONS more than I've been able to get Mint alone. Some examples:

1. Source Center (a sort of repository for repositories) to allow you to easily install PPA's for applications that aren't in the Mint/Ubuntu repos, and that you might not otherwise know exist.

2. Login Settings to edit the appearance of your login screen.

3. Completely lock down all panels so that, for example, my kids don't mess with what I have there.

4. Lots of other great admin tools, all located in one place so you don't have to go from tool to tool to tool making a multi-user system secure. Yeah, you may be able to already do many of these things in Mint, but not all from one place.

thx1138 9 years ago

@brucey: Ubuntu Tweak is useless in cleaning up cached files. Bleachbit is the one you need for that purpose.
Is there any function in Ubuntu Tweak that Mint doesn't provide? I don't think so.

Diego9000 9 years ago

I don't think that this is really needed to do a Mint version, if it comes already installed on next versions of mint for me is ok.

Fr3d 9 years ago

Oh.. and its logo is a perfect colour already.

Fr3d 9 years ago

Thanks. Have been looking for something like this for a while. have to be careful with it I guess but Its a MUST HAVE if your not a CLI only person.
Get it here:
http://ubuntu-tweak.com/

nicolascollart 9 years ago

I agree, Ubuntu Tweak is one of the first program I install.
It's great and works really well.
A version better adapted to Mint would be better really nice!

iceblade 9 years ago

it already does a lot of things for Mint and the developer seems to support Mint (albiet kind of slowly)

VICTOR360 9 years ago

Just Change The icon And Name!

Rizla 9 years ago

Bleachbit is very handy for cleaning too ;)

JMMR 9 years ago

I think this is a great idea.

kot888 9 years ago

I really like the idea of making Ubuntu Tweak more friendly and reliable for Linux Mint users

heltonbiker 9 years ago

Obviously it could be a "minted" version of Ubuntu Tweak ;o)