New ideas and tutorials since last visit and new category - most commented

sunewbie
  8 years ago
  Implemented

EDIT: Added @RayWoods idea of displaying 'New tutorials'
EDIT: Added @blueXrider idea to create new category 'Most Commented'

Hello,

It would be much beneficial if we are informed about new ideas that are posted since our last login or that are unread. It can be displayed as a link just below mail and comment notifications.

e.g. 5 new ideas. Just click on the link and it will show titles of 5 ideas. Once you mark read, it be removed from the unread list. Just like email clients handle read and unread messages.

@RayWoods:
To add to it, as @RayWoods suggested, it would be much helpful and convenient to add 'new tutorials' link. Tutorials are less frequently created when coining an idea.

To add to this,

blueXrider:
I believe all the comments of the Community are important on all Ideas and or Tutorials.

I recommend a new category be introduced, "Latest Commented" and default it to the last, say 10 comments, therefore those important issues will be observed by the community and have a better thread so it might be followed. It may bring light to important ideas or informative tutorials.

Lets combined the ideas

---

To sum up, there would be 3 links with same icons.

'New ideas since last visit'
'New tutorials since last visit'
'Latest 10 ideas Commented (top ten by default)'

with an option of read / unread titles.

A new category:

'Most commented'

Thanks
Latest comments
sunewbie 7 years ago

@viking777

Sorry for delayed response. I did not get the last comment

In latest developments, ideas displayed are those whose status have changed recently. Does it include it as 'Latest commented', 'Most Popular' are the ones with maximum votes.

viking777 7 years ago

Latest ideas - already implemented
Latest tutorials - already implemented
Search Ideas by 'Most Commented' - already implemented
Latest Commented - implemented as Latest Developments

Can0dope 8 years ago

This is an excellent idea.

sunewbie 8 years ago

Thank you @blueXrider 
Updated the idea.

blueXrider 8 years ago

I believe all the comments of the Community are important on all Ideas and or Tutorials.

I recommend a new category be introduced, "Latest Commented" and default it to the last, say 10 comments, therefore those important issues will be observed by the community and have a better thread so it might be followed. It may bring light to important ideas or informative tutorials.

Lets combined the ideas

kazztan0325 8 years ago

@sunewbie:

Ah, oh,...yes, you know how to edit, of course.
It seems I am forgetful..., Maybe there is only 128MB RAM in my brain.

Anyway, you are always welcome.
Your way to give credit to other author(s) in the description is right.

Some good ideas grow up with taking in other members suggestion.

sunewbie 8 years ago

ok. Edited title and idea.

thanks

sunewbie 8 years ago

@kazztan0325:

Thank you. You are always helpful. I know I can Edit :) Remember, I edited Linux Beginner Search Engine with your help and changed title of not so good idea of full monty DVD ... to retail DVD ...

Anyways, what I meant to say was that, it will show as only my idea, even though I will give credit to other author(s) in the description. If it was possible to add more than one authors, it would be better?

I will change title and description. Why was I saying to float a new idea, is that incase if 'new ideas link' does not impress mods, then even the 'new tutorals link' will be dumped along with it.

Any ways, you are more experienced ans I will change it.

Thanks.

trollboy 8 years ago

Excellent idea. Possibly this could be a new filter which is the default.

kazztan0325 8 years ago

I would like to say you need not post it as new idea, it would be better you would edit this idea's subject and text.

kazztan0325 8 years ago

You can edit your idea's subject and text by clicking on [ Edit ]button at [ Your vote: ] under your own idea's text, though it is strange [ Edit ]button and [ Delete ]button are under [ Your vote: ].

sunewbie 8 years ago

is there any way to know the some one is online??? or should i post this as a new idea ;)

sunewbie 8 years ago

@RayWoods:

Your idea is more necessary, since tutorials are not created as frequently as ideas.

Great idea.

sunewbie 8 years ago

Is there any way to share or combine 2 authors??

sunewbie 8 years ago

Good idea. Should I include it in this idea or better to create a new one.

RayWoods 8 years ago

This is an excellent idea, could we include Tutorials as well?

kazztan0325 8 years ago

I agree with this idea.

I think it would be very useful and helpful for us to check newly posted ideas.