Edit comments

trollboy
  10 years ago
  Selected

We should be able to edit comments we make on ideas and tutorials. Speaking personally, it doesn't matter how many times I proof-read, I only see the typos after I push the button.

Copying, deleting, pasting, changing and re-adding feels clunky.
Latest comments
oscar799 9 years ago

As a mod/admin I too am well-versed in the ways of spammers - dagon is correct about their endless sneakiness.
I'm wondering if an "edit" option could be integrated into a "Preview" but not into the final submission - an opportunity to fix a typo or clarify a point before submitting the final version which then can't be edited further.
As I don't know if this is possible I am marking this idea "Considered"

dagon 9 years ago

The spammers no.1 favourite method is to post a comment (sometimes a repost from another user earlier in the same thread and then sneak back a couple of days or even weeks later and edit the post to add links.

Dealing with spam daily it's a good thing not to be able to edit posts and I think about it EVERY TIME I copy paste to clean up my errors (which is half of my posts).

Preview = Yes
Edit = No ( Maybe within 1 hour after posting? )

trollboy 10 years ago

@kazztan0325 - exactly. I think a full editor would be overkill for comments.

kazztan0325 10 years ago

@blueXrider:
I think @trollboy would like to say...i.e."It would be nice if there were not only [ X ] button but also [ Edit ] button on right side of the comments which we posted."

And I said "It would be also nice if there were not only [ Add comment ] button but also [ Preview ] button under the text box which we type our comments."

blueXrider 10 years ago

This should be an fairly easy fix. We already have an editor in the tutorials.

Tonya 10 years ago

Very good idea! And also Preview button idea is very good. Promote!

RayWoods 10 years ago

I wish I had a £ (UKP) for every time I've quickly had to copy/delete edit and resend! I agree with this idea.

blueXrider 10 years ago

Agreed. A simple way is best.

trollboy 10 years ago

Preview is a good idea also. I'm not sure if it would help with the typos though ^_^

sunewbie 10 years ago

@kazztan0325

I agree. A preview button would be great to add to edit button.

kazztan0325 10 years ago

Yes, it should be so.
I agree with you.

And it would be better if we could see Preview before submitting our comments like in Mint Forums.