They offer different flash templates with latest features.
Login

Forgot password
Register
Back

Edit comments

Created 7 years ago, edited 7 years ago.
Status changed 7 years ago
Author:

trollboy
Selected
  Score:
16 votes
Idea:

We should be able to edit comments we make on ideas and tutorials. Speaking personally, it doesn't matter how many times I proof-read, I only see the typos after I push the button.

Copying, deleting, pasting, changing and re-adding feels clunky.

Comments:

7 years ago

oscar799
As a mod/admin I too am well-versed in the ways of spammers - dagon is correct about their endless sneakiness.
I'm wondering if an "edit" option could be integrated into a "Preview" but not into the final submission - an opportunity to fix a typo or clarify a point before submitting the final version which then can't be edited further.
As I don't know if this is possible I am marking this idea "Considered"

7 years ago

dagon
The spammers no.1 favourite method is to post a comment (sometimes a repost from another user earlier in the same thread and then sneak back a couple of days or even weeks later and edit the post to add links.

Dealing with spam daily it's a good thing not to be able to edit posts and I think about it EVERY TIME I copy paste to clean up my errors (which is half of my posts).

Preview = Yes
Edit = No ( Maybe within 1 hour after posting? )

7 years ago

trollboy
@kazztan0325 - exactly. I think a full editor would be overkill for comments.  
7 years ago

kazztan0325
@blueXrider:
I think @trollboy would like to say...i.e."It would be nice if there were not only [ X ] button but also [ Edit ] button on right side of the comments which we posted."

And I said "It would be also nice if there were not only [ Add comment ] button but also [ Preview ] button under the text box which we type our comments."

7 years ago

blueXrider
This should be an fairly easy fix. We already have an editor in the tutorials.  
7 years ago

Tonya
Very good idea! And also Preview button idea is very good. Promote!  
7 years ago

RayWoods
I wish I had a £ (UKP) for every time I've quickly had to copy/delete edit and resend! I agree with this idea.  
7 years ago

blueXrider
Agreed. A simple way is best.  
7 years ago

trollboy
Preview is a good idea also. I'm not sure if it would help with the typos though ^_^  
7 years ago

sunewbie
@kazztan0325

I agree. A preview button would be great to add to edit button.

7 years ago

kazztan0325
Yes, it should be so.
I agree with you.

And it would be better if we could see Preview before submitting our comments like in Mint Forums.

Other ideas from trollboy