They offer different flash templates with latest features.
Login

Forgot password
Register
Back

Dark Mint Theme

Created 7 years ago, edited 7 years ago.
Status changed 6 years ago
Author:

easy
Considered
  Score:
27 votes
Idea:

I really like dark themes, they're ususally much easier on the eye, and also look more bad-ass! So I'm like to see a native dark theme for Linux Mint. The most evident solution would be to alter the current bright theme into a dark one. What I've got currently is Aurora-Midnight elements combined with Shiki-Metacity borders, Ubuntu fonts (-1 ponts smaller than the default settings, it looks more mature this way), Faenza-Dark icons, and I actually like the outcome. However, this could look much better if all these litte parts would be unified and put into a new mint theme.

Comments:

2 years ago

TEHTUM
Nice.  
6 years ago

S0ul
http://imageshack.us/a/img402/1674/screenshotlinuxmint14v2.jpg

Here's my version of a Dark Mint theme , combination of Android for cinnamon, ACID Green as the window theme, and the GTK+ theme delorean-dark-theme-3.6 tweaked for green colors instead of blue :)

6 years ago

easy
It's all right now. When I've written this idea, Cinnamon did not exist. Anyway, I'm using XFCE now and I'm very happy with it! :)  
7 years ago

josefg
I believe dark themes can save battery life for certain types of monitors - at least the types used on some smartphones. However, I don't know if those monitor types are used at all on normal laptops and netbooks.  
7 years ago

kazztan0325
Thank you, @compuman2004 !

7 years ago

kazztan0325
I like both Light Themes and Dark Themes.
It would be nice if we could ask Dev Team to create a new Theme 'Mint-X_Dark-Metal'.

In this connection, this is a sample screen-shot of my Desktop which is applied one of Dark theme.
Dark-Theme-Desktop_001.jpg

Right-click on image and click on 'Open Image in New Tab' in context menu, you would be able to see larger image.

7 years ago

islandmonkey
Yeah. In fact, there used to be a dark theme used by default in Mint 8 and 9, I believe. Perhaps they could use that again.  
7 years ago

remoulder
This would be better posted on the forums  
7 years ago

blueXrider
Now that you have a Theme package put together, go to> Menu> Preferences> Appearance> and do a "save as". Upload it to http://linuxmint-art.org/ so all can share.  

Other ideas from easy

No other ideas.