improved ease for installing nexus personal

toback
  8 years ago
  Considered

why cant there be a easy installer for the bank security program as for exampel the installer for truecrypt,it is the easiest way i know to install a program for linux.or include it in the programs to chose from the repositorys.
Latest comments
viking777 7 years ago

Looking at the install tutorial posted below, I think it would be easier to change banks!

However I have never heard of a bank requiring this - but then I don't bank in Sweden, but probably neither do the majority of our users. The other thing is of course that Mint have absolutely no control over such software and therefore can hardly be expected to write installers for it.

kazztan0325 8 years ago

@trollboy:
The anecdote about the person who use a VM to do his banking is very interesting to me.
Actually I use 'WinXP VM' to do my banking, because the online banking of the bank where I have my account has no way to do it except using 'IE'!

@toback:
I understood.
I'm glad to hear the circumstance in Sweden from you.
Thank you.

toback 8 years ago

hi kazztan0325 ,in sweden you has to have some sort of internet id, for login in to different authorities.you can cope without it, but it makes life a bit more complicated.

toback 8 years ago

great installguide blueXrider worked very well:)

trollboy 8 years ago

@kazztan0325 - Not if you are careful, don't click links in emails and use reputable and trusted sites.

I do know people (well a person) who claims to use a VM to do his banking and then resets it to a known state. Paranoid but relatively secure!

blueXrider 8 years ago

How to install Nexus Personal in Firefox5 (and Epiphany
http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/556

I think this is what you are looking for

kazztan0325 8 years ago

I have never used Security Client like Nexus Personal in my PC life.

Is it so risky that we do online shopping or online banking without it?