They offer different flash templates with latest features.
Login

Forgot password
Register
Back

Linux Mint rolling release stable

Created 7 years ago, edited 7 years ago.
Status changed 7 years ago
Author:

krause
Implemented
  Score:
26 votes
Idea:

Uma unica edição com atualização constante mas que seja estável.

Normalmente as distro rolling release tem as ultimas versões dos aplicativos mas não são estáveis, a minha proposta consiste em uma atualização constante do Mint, mas usando versões estáveis dos aplicativos.

Não ter que fazer o download de uma nova versão do mint a cada seis mese, fazer backup dos dados, formatar a maquina e instalar a nova versão, seria muito pratica e util principalmente par quem não tem banda larga.

Sei que não é uma idéia facil de ser implantada, mas também não é impossível.

E só uma idéia que talvez possa ser melhorada.

Debian CUT
Ainda é uma proposta mas esse Debian CUT seria uma versão intermediaria entre o Debian stable e o Debian Testing

http://cut.debian.net/
http://www.hardware.com.br/artigos/debian-testing/

A single issue with constant updating but is stable.

Usually rolling release distro has the latest versions of applications but are not stable, my proposal is in a constant updating of the Mint, but using stable releases of applications.

Not having to download a new version every six mint mese, backup data, format the machine and install the new version would be very practical and useful mainly couple who do not have broadband.

I know that is not an easy idea to be implemented, but it's not impossible.

And just an idea that might be improved.

Debian CUT
It is still a proposal but this would be one version Debian CUT intermediate between Debian stable and Debian Testing

http://cut.debian.net/
http://www.hardware.com.br/artigos/debian-testing/

Comments:

7 years ago

dagon
Ok. With the introduction of the Update Packs this idea is now implemented.

7 years ago

sunewbie
Thank you @krause for english translation.  
7 years ago

dagon
Ok. There is something in this line allready:
Introducing Update Packs in Linux Mint Debian
Basically it is (I think) a debian testing repository that is lagging a bit in order to catch some more bugs before hitting the everyday user.
It's basically, as I understand it, the mint version of debian cut.

7 years ago

krause
Uma referência:

http://raphaelhertzog.com/2011/04/27/towards-debian-rolling-my-own-debian-cut-manifesto/

7 years ago

trollboy
Well, LMDE 201109 can be made to track stable. Updates are few and far between though! To modernise it a bit you could also add the backports repository.  
7 years ago

farnaby
Seguindo a minha experiencia, eu acredito que "rolling release" edições geralmente são menos estável que outras. É que uma atualização sempre pode destruir algo. Por isso não gosto da ideia.  
7 years ago

sunewbie
how about semi-rolling release like Chakra Linux is following.

@krausse:
Can you please update idea and translate it in english. Thanks

7 years ago

krause
A vantagens de um sistema assim seria enorme, imagine não ter que fazer o download da versão nova, fazer backup de dados para depois formata e instalar a nova versão.

The advantages of such a system would be enormous, imagine not having to download the new version, data backup and then format and install the new version.

7 years ago

krause
Eu sei que seria difícil mas não é impossível.

I know it would be difficult but not impossible.

7 years ago

kazztan0325
I think it would be difficult to make 'constant updating' and 'being stable' go together.

7 years ago

krause
Do mesmo jeito que eu tenho que usar o tradutor acredito que qualque um tambem possa.
The same way I have to use the translator also believe anyone can.

7 years ago

RayWoods
I totally agree @compuman2004, some people are far too quick to pull the rug from under an idea. (And even in the English translation it looked like an idea to me.)

I'm sure the less adventurous (be it enterprise or people) would love the Mint spin on Debian stable.

I hear that Ubuntu are proposing a more rapid release cycle anyway and I'm sure Clem and the team will have no chance in keeping up with that so...

7 years ago

trollboy
The most recent LMDE may not be able to track stable or if it can, updates will be few and far between as it is now much "newer".

If I get time, I'll try on a VM tomorrow evening and see what happens. No promises as even if I get time, I may forget :)

7 years ago

krause
Sim é uma idéia, hoje o LMDE e instável já que recebe as ultimas atualizações, a minha proposta e ele receber as ultimas atualizações estáveis.

Se ele focar no Debian estável, quando o debian for para a proxima versão sera necessario uma nova instalação, e se ele focar no Debian teste ele não será estável.

Estou propondo uma versão que una o melhor dos dois mundos.

7 years ago

dagon
This is an idea.

From Google Translate:
Linux Mint should focus on a single issue with constant updating but is stable.

I think this is a pretty straightforward idea that some, but not all will agree with. There could be an option to the standard LMDE to make it track stable (yes, I know you can just edit the software sources but it would just be a simple script with a gui..."Track stable or testing?" )

7 years ago

remoulder
This is an opinion not an idea, please use the forums  

Other ideas from krause

No other ideas.