Ability to Export added repositories as a file

Pariah
  8 years ago
  Considered

I'm getting ready to install Linux Mint Debian and I have several repos that I have added over time. Now I know I can just copy my /etc/apt/sources.list file but I think a lot of people might like the option to export them as a file straight from the Software Manager that could be imported back into the Software Manager, all right there from the Software Manager's GUI. I realise it's kind of the lazy way but I mean it in the spirit of being newbie friendly :)
Latest comments
asymmetros 8 years ago

The idea obviously is to check the /etc/apt/sources.list file. Many ways for that. But -in my example- the repositories.txt file could not be empty. (?) I checked it again 2 mins before. Maybe it's better to start with the command "script repositories.odt" -the output will be more "pretty"

blueXrider 8 years ago

however it doesn't actually create a printable list. it does however create an "EMPTY" .txt file named repositories.txt in your home folder

@asymmetros
No need for this. You can have your repos, printed in a .txt file with 3 commands in the terminal:

script repositories.txt
cat /etc/apt/sources.list
exit

asymmetros 8 years ago

No need for this. You can have your repos, printed in a .txt file with 3 commands in the terminal:

script repositories.txt
cat /etc/apt/sources.list
exit

Kikito 8 years ago

I like the idea. But I think this functionality would fit better with the Mint Backup application, since you're sort of making a backup of your repositories kind of in the same way you do it with your installed programs.