They offer different flash templates with latest features.
Login

Forgot password
Register
Back

Calendar integrated with Google Calendar

Created 6 years ago, edited 6 years ago.
Status changed 5 years ago
Author:

crismblog
Planned
  Score:
98 votes
Idea:

An application to integrate calendar Cinnamon with Google Calendar.

Comments:

1 year ago

mikefreeman
So, this thread is 5 years old, and it's been labeled as "Planned" for 3 years. Still no sign of a usable calendar applet anywhere that I can see. Anyone know if something's actually being done with this?  
2 years ago

guikubivan
+1  
2 years ago

mdumrauf
I'm a new user. This idea is marked as "planned". Does that mean someone is developing it? I can do it if everyone is still waiting for it.  
3 years ago

pitiz29a
Not only Google calendar, but also others.

@dmytrol Thunderbird calendar integration is a great idea. I think Google calendar is not that important.

3 years ago

dmytrol
It would be also great if the calendar applet could read and show events from the Thunderbird calendar on the same PC. I have many different online calendars synced with my Thunderbird calendar alongside an offline calendar. Sometimes I just want to have a quick view at my schedule, and not run Thunderbird for that.  
3 years ago

samarth_math
Definitely interested in this one!  
4 years ago

kezz
need a desklet that has field boxes to let me add a calendar event to google calendar immediately.

I never liked evolution in the old days and always found it too clunky.

Google web apps displaced it.

We do need a desktop app though - as described - for quick calendar add.
It must synch continuously - like the phones do.

A desktop app that syncs with the Google calendar and displays agenda etc would be very useful as well

4 years ago

mikefreeman
Yes! Please! I just switch from Mint 13 (MATE) to Mint 17 (Cinnamon), and the one thing I used constantly in MATE, which is a huge, glaring, terrible (I could go on) omission with Cinnamon, is calendar integration on the panel. I personally used to run my Google calendars into Evolution, which would then integrate with indicator-datetime-gtk2 through the mate-indicator-applet. But, however it's done, I NEED this in Cinnamon! I want to have quick access to a simple list of appointments/events on my calendar, and easy access to editing/creating events by clicking on the date in the pop-up calendar. It's one of the few places I've found where Cinnamon still looks incomplete next to MATE.  
4 years ago

dennisnl
Very good idea to incorporate a decent calendar/contacts application in Mint! What about integration with e-mail? On the one hand a solution like Gnome Evolution seems nice. Though, on the other hand the way Mac OS supports it is perhaps more univeral?  
5 years ago

dsgna89
Echoing to what others say: make an option to turn it off!  
5 years ago

zantaz
is a privacy invaders ... google had too much $ ...  
5 years ago

Hammer459
As long as it is not mandatory. Google is turning more and more into an evil empire  
5 years ago

disPPlay
Cinnamon calendar really should be integrated with more online calendars, just like Google calendar  
5 years ago

ncan
Agree, a real need for me as well... slick operation of desktop and vital external apps would go a long way....( gmail, calendar and contacts in one click off the Bar applets )  
5 years ago

vegardlr
Ah, yes! A feature I would use all the time.  
6 years ago

jkw
This would definatly make me less dependant on using my phone and my webbrowser and allow me to spend more time in mint!  
6 years ago

geoffm
Need this! I use google calendars for both work and home. this would mean quicker access for me, and being able to follow appointments without having thunderbird open all the time  
6 years ago

fleming746
an app to integrate google calendar with our desktop calendar would be very helpful and provide backup of both calendars easily  
6 years ago

hithirdwavedust
This would be great. I am concerned that if the application were packed with Cinnamon, it might be too bulky for some machines to benefit from. Definitely an idea worth consideration!  
6 years ago

toenigh
I personally use Google calendar since it links with my Blackberry. Android phones have increased in popularity. Neater integration with our existing calendar would be a great advantage.  

Other ideas from crismblog