Add bleachbit by default.

quake0
  7 years ago
  Selected

Add bleachbit by default.

BleachBit quickly frees disk space and tirelessly guards your privacy. Free cache, delete cookies, clear Internet history, shred temporary files, delete logs, and discard junk you didn't know was there. Designed for Linux and Windows systems, it wipes clean 90 applications including Firefox, Internet Explorer, Adobe Flash, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari,and more. Beyond simply deleting files, BleachBit includes advanced features such as shredding files to prevent recovery, wiping free disk space to hide traces of files deleted by other applications, and vacuuming Firefox to make it faster. Better than free, BleachBit is open source.
Latest comments
quake0 5 years ago

Given the fact that the NSA is spying on our every move, it seems like a good idea to have such a basic tool.

quake0 6 years ago

Its been 10 months with good scores approve this already.

quake0 6 years ago

This really needs to be approved.

quake0 6 years ago

This is one of the many tools linux users should not have to go looking for after they install their distro.

Thinker 6 years ago

Including Bleachbit will not affect distro image size by considerably amount as its size is in some KBs and it has several advantages. It should be included by default.

quake0 6 years ago

any word on this?

quake0 6 years ago

can we get this by mint 14?

quake0 7 years ago

I don't evn know why people would not want this by default. Its a basic program for cleaning out your computer.

quake0 7 years ago

I feel like this does give me decent speed inprovmnts after I use it.

AshBaby 7 years ago

There would be newbies all the time trying linux and having a built in software will help them. I installed bleachbit after 24 days on installing mint and looking thru the repositories.

crismblog 7 years ago

I agree with the idea.

LONNIEFUTURE 7 years ago

I alway's install it myself but there needs to be more information as to what a user needs or wants documented for the development team before something can be changed this is why I wanted a satisfaction survey. We want Mint to be stronger and more competitive by it's users.

prativasic 7 years ago

Bleachbit is a wonderful software, I love it and use it all the time. But to be included in the Bundle, a software need to be used by most or a majority of the mint users - and I actually don't think that's the scenario for bleachbit.

ElHaj 7 years ago

can be easily installed, don't have to be there by default

jose_manuel 7 years ago

Good Idea. I Promote this Idea.

remoulder 7 years ago

You choice of software is not everyone else's.