They offer different flash templates with latest features.
Login

Forgot password
Register
Back

Hardware Module, multiple Mint editions

Created 9 years ago, edited 9 years ago.
Status changed 7 years ago
Author:

beefstu
Selected
  Score:
40 votes
Idea:

It would be useful if you could select multiple Mint editions, for example I know my printer works on Helena and Gloria but would have to submit two reports to say so.

Also, should there be x86/x64 or Main/KDE/XFCE options?

Love the idea of the Hardware Module!

Comments:

7 years ago

oscar799
This does seem sensible - I'm marking it as "Considered"  
7 years ago

blueXrider
Ubuntu System Testing application  
7 years ago

RavS
I support this idea.  
7 years ago

blueXrider
Interesting idea but a conceptional challenge. It would be easier to make the hardware work with the distro than to re-select a different edition and then having to reboot into it again. I don't see this working.  
8 years ago

passstab
i know its not always the case but i think most hardware is transcendent of de's (i have no idea about 86vs64) maybe the hardware that isn't (i.e power management) could have the option
and the ones that are (i.e wifi) could.

also shouldn't the second part be a separate idea?

8 years ago

frankeinstein
I just typed out practically a whole thesis as an idea on this topic and then found your idea, so I have deleted mine and I'm promoting yours. Nice one.
(Considering I'm promoting duplicate idea finder, you would think I would know better)

8 years ago

AgingTechnogeek
I have listed several pieces of hardware that work on Gloria, Helena, And Isadora. It would be nice to be able to say so in one listing rather than having to duplicate everything.  
9 years ago

jkw
Think I've seen a similar idea.

It would be neat indeed to add more than one computer and/or edition. Like me, I've had 3 computers at most with all different editions

* Pluto (Bedroom computer) uses Mint 7 x86.
* Jupiter (Workstation) uses Mint 8 x64.
* Venus (Laptop - or should I say Dragtop?) used Mint 8 x86.

9 years ago

antonone
That's a good idea, I had Elyssa earlier, now I'm having Helena, so my reports contain information about both releases, not just one.  
9 years ago

Alexio
AND there is... the Linux Mint Hardware Compatibility List at www.linuxminthcl.org  
9 years ago

Alexio
www.ubuntuhcl.org - Ubuntu Linux Hardware Compatibility List  
9 years ago

SeanBest
Yes! Multiple editions is a must as well as x86 or x64.  

Other ideas from beefstu