11 years ago
Google works just as well, if not better.
This is now done. Good job.
how about CSE (custom Search Engine)that can manage what you search along with refinements.
i think a home page with all the links by default would be great.
If it looks too cluttered, then why not add links in the help section?
i think Arch linux has something similar to your idea for Chrome/Chromium, just thought i would mention it.
KISS baby. Too clutter-some for me
I think the collection of web apps (development, lifestyle, local stuff, media, office etc.) also will be useful. Awaiting Mint Menu for the Firefox browser. Many thanks, Alexio!
I would like to add a big collection of web apps to the Linux Mint EasyMenu. We can make a selection with the most useful free on-line services related to:
1. Development: blogs, content management, flash, site building, statistics, system administration;
2. Lifestyle: dating, fashion, food and drinks, health and fitness, nonprofit, social networking;
3. Local stuff: events, guides, real estate, traveling;
4. Market and commerce: jobs, marketing and monetizing, product guides, shopping, trading;
5. Media: audio, games, literature, news, pictures, video;
6. Office: B2B, collaboration, documents, finance, legal, organization;
7. Utility: answers and advice, bookmarking, communication, directory, education, mobile, productivity, search, storage.
Thank you, Alexio! Installed! Need time to see all the advantages of this menu. But my first impression - this is a great and wonderful idea.
To create the Linux Mint EasyMenu, I could use some help from the community members supporting this small project.
It is important to decide together what are the:
- links (i.e. http, ftp, irc, etc.),
- sub-menus (how many, the number of sub-levels),
- icons (a 16x16px near each item or sub-menu is required),
- mailing lists (URL of a Mailing List archive, using Mailman standard),
- search forms (only search forms of type GET are allowed),
- custom pages (add a link to a user profile from the community website),
- style customization (for every item or sub-menu in the Menu),
- tooltiptext (for each Menu item).
Go for it Alexio!
Also links to Linux Mint Related Country Community sites
I think this is a great idea.
or just ad them to the favorite bar... oh, wait, they already did that ;)
Alexio, don't let them discourage you. This is a good idea. There are plenty of users that haven't got the chance to see this not to mention vote for it, but having a menu with all Mint links would be much better for people who want to disable the bookmark bar - especially for netbook people. Just go for it. It will definitely be a successful addition to the browser. :)
i see it like a good idea.. promoting
The Easy Menu program from https://launchpad.net/easymenu will automagically create from content specified in a "well formatted" XML input a Firefox extension. Once installed in the browser will add a beautiful and customizable Menu with the content you have specified.
If you keep voting against this idea then I will not spend my time to create this kind of Firefox extension for the Linux Mint Community.