Mint Menu for the Firefox browser

Alexio
  11 years ago
  Selected

An extension menu that contains links to almost all areas of linuxmint.com and other useful websites. The user can easily go to the official website and to Ubuntu websites and its derivatives, wikis, forums, websites to hardware and software, news, online magazines. See https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/8388 for an example.
Latest comments
Qruqs 8 years ago

Google works just as well, if not better.

Jessey-Lawson 8 years ago

This is now done. Good job.

sunewbie 9 years ago

how about CSE (custom Search Engine)that can manage what you search along with refinements.

i think a home page with all the links by default would be great.

If it looks too cluttered, then why not add links in the help section?

cra1g321 10 years ago

i think Arch linux has something similar to your idea for Chrome/Chromium, just thought i would mention it.

blueXrider 10 years ago

KISS baby. Too clutter-some for me

Tonya 10 years ago

I think the collection of web apps (development, lifestyle, local stuff, media, office etc.) also will be useful. Awaiting Mint Menu for the Firefox browser. Many thanks, Alexio!

Alexio 10 years ago

I would like to add a big collection of web apps to the Linux Mint EasyMenu. We can make a selection with the most useful free on-line services related to:

1. Development: blogs, content management, flash, site building, statistics, system administration;

2. Lifestyle: dating, fashion, food and drinks, health and fitness, nonprofit, social networking;

3. Local stuff: events, guides, real estate, traveling;

4. Market and commerce: jobs, marketing and monetizing, product guides, shopping, trading;

5. Media: audio, games, literature, news, pictures, video;

6. Office: B2B, collaboration, documents, finance, legal, organization;

7. Utility: answers and advice, bookmarking, communication, directory, education, mobile, productivity, search, storage.

Tonya 10 years ago

Thank you, Alexio! Installed! Need time to see all the advantages of this menu. But my first impression - this is a great and wonderful idea.

Alexio 10 years ago

In the meantime, anyone interested to try this kind of menu can install the latest version of the Ubuntu Users Menu as Linux Mint is based on Ubuntu and Debian.

Alexio 10 years ago

To create the Linux Mint EasyMenu, I could use some help from the community members supporting this small project.

It is important to decide together what are the:
- links (i.e. http, ftp, irc, etc.),
- sub-menus (how many, the number of sub-levels),
- icons (a 16x16px near each item or sub-menu is required),
- mailing lists (URL of a Mailing List archive, using Mailman standard),
- search forms (only search forms of type GET are allowed),
- custom pages (add a link to a user profile from the community website),
- style customization (for every item or sub-menu in the Menu),
- tooltiptext (for each Menu item).

orionthehunter 10 years ago

Go for it Alexio!

Teucca 11 years ago

Also links to Linux Mint Related Country Community sites

genoskill 11 years ago

I think this is a great idea.

baffle-boy 11 years ago

or just ad them to the favorite bar... oh, wait, they already did that ;)

kneekoo 11 years ago

Alexio, don't let them discourage you. This is a good idea. There are plenty of users that haven't got the chance to see this not to mention vote for it, but having a menu with all Mint links would be much better for people who want to disable the bookmark bar - especially for netbook people. Just go for it. It will definitely be a successful addition to the browser. :)

Mdyter 11 years ago

i see it like a good idea.. promoting

Alexio 11 years ago

The Easy Menu program from https://launchpad.net/easymenu will automagically create from content specified in a "well formatted" XML input a Firefox extension. Once installed in the browser will add a beautiful and customizable Menu with the content you have specified.
If you keep voting against this idea then I will not spend my time to create this kind of Firefox extension for the Linux Mint Community.