They offer different flash templates with latest features.
Login

Forgot password
Register
Back

Application startup feedback in Cinnamon

Created 7 years ago, edited 7 years ago.
Status changed 6 years ago
Author:

trollboy
Implemented
  Score:
33 votes
Idea:

In nearly all desktop environments you get feedback that an application is starting up after clicking the icon. This is missing in Cinnamon and would make a fine addition.

Also, if you are going to do eye-candy; where are the wobbly windows?

Comments:

6 years ago

barburo
If yr gonna have effects in Cinnamon you need the one that everyone uses - wobbly windows. Is it so hard to replicate? KDE seemed to be able to do it. I found all sorts of new transitions but no wobble - the first one I looked for.  
6 years ago

trollboy
I'm running Cinnamon on a new, mid specification laptop and applications take long enough to start that I quite often start two instances. Mate, XFCE open things so quickly on that laptop (and my other machines in the case of XFCE) that there isn't enough time to notice start up feedback or the lack thereof.

I'm not envisioning anything like KDE does but more a flash of a menu item or icon when clicked.

6 years ago

sunewbie
Clem also mentioned that booting screen will be blank one for consistency. Maybe this is the reason for not showing anything when cinnamon starts  
7 years ago

crismblog
A good idea, promote it.  
7 years ago

remoulder
Given that cinnamon is a separate project and cross-distro, I don't believe this is the appropriate place to suggest ideas relating to it.  
7 years ago

Mintification
Yes! This would be an excellent inclusion for the Cinnamon desktop.  
7 years ago

jose_manuel
Good Idea !!!! I Promote this Idea.  
7 years ago

kazztan0325
I agree with this idea.

Especially I also hope "wobbly windows" would be taken in composite of Cinnamon.

Other ideas from trollboy