Heading 'Biography' in the Profile

ulysses
  9 years ago
  Considered

As the heading 'Biography' in the profile of each user according to my impression often leads to misunderstandings, I propose to change the term before.
Latest comments
joelz 9 years ago

mm ok, change it to what? @vincentv has a good point. everyone's perspectives are different which is great IMO. promoting :)

sunewbie 9 years ago

I thought biography is 'when someone writes about you' and autobiography is 'when you write about yourself' :)

dagon 9 years ago

Wikipedia
"A biography is a detailed description or account of someone's life. It entails more than basic facts (education, work, relationships, and death), a biography also portrays a subject's experience of these events."
Sounds good to me, no strings attached just type something about yourself?

IT and computer experience... If you want to write about that, go ahead, but in the case of many of us that place would probably be left rather empty. I want to know who is a chef, who fell down a rocket silo, who plays guitar and what race are your hens and do they tend to the eggs properly(Ours don't).

I think it's good as it is now. About Me is OK too but I use to listen to the old saying, "If it ain't broken, don't fix it!".

:)

ulysses 9 years ago

No. No, I would like the idea as it stood. I tend to name the 'Biography' field only just My Experiences. Here in the idea I think everybody knows what it is. And later, when someone fills out his profile, he may decide. I think a little of his computer or IT experience can tell everyone.
If anyone tries to appear be competent, he will write a lot. Someone is a novice, he writes that in this field and may be the indulgence of the other certainly. Everyone likes to incorporate personal items as he likes.

So shall be my idea. Either you like them or not :)

ulysses 9 years ago

However, there are certainly precedents within the community.
My only fear is that examples are considered as guidelines.
I do not mean to define any standards ..
.. I need to think.

crismblog 9 years ago

good idea

ulysses 9 years ago

No, just this not.

No occupation ..
No birthday ..
No profession ..

Everyone could integrate his experience in his history of life.
But only if he wants to.

sunewbie 9 years ago

Are you thinking of making profile page similar to that of forums?

ulysses 9 years ago

quote: @vincentv
Do you have a suggestion as to what would cause less misunderstandings?

--

It would first be clarified what is at all in this field => without coercing someone into something he does not want. In order to avoid a fundamental discussion and without anyone come too close, maybe:
IT and Computer experience possible.
No one needs to enter personal or professional things because it's just experience. But for this area here, you 'know' whom you are dealing with.

It does not have as happened as described ..

sunewbie 9 years ago

May I suggest 'About Me' or 'About xx)