They offer different flash templates with latest features.
Login

Forgot password
Register
Back

Boot Screen in Linux Mint 13 (LTS)

Created 7 years ago, edited 7 years ago.
Status changed 7 years ago
Author:

jose_manuel
Implemented
  Score:
37 votes
Idea:

Well, as you all might already know the next edition of Linux Mint 13 will be LTS, I know that is not a priority for the Linux Mint team, but it really would be very good since this is a major release of Linux Mint, a LTS, nothing more and nothing less, having a Nice Screen while loading the operating system is, in fact. I think it could to return to using the Welcome Screen that showed in the Linux Mint 10 edition's, the Mint logo of the points below showing the loading process, it was pretty good. And have no more the black screen showing Linux Mint 11, 12 and LMDE.-

Comments:

6 years ago

DavidLMoore
Even if there were just a spinning line in the corner of the screen, this would be helpful. Someone who has installed Mint for the first time needs to know that the OS is booting; the blank black screen doesn't convey that.  
7 years ago

jose_manuel
Great !!!! Thank You Linux Mint Team !!!!  
7 years ago

jose_manuel
Unfortunately, I downloaded the two versions of Linux Mint 13 RC, and the splash screen is still completely black. There will be time to work around this before launching the final version ???? It should be borne in mind that we are before a LTS thus is not a version any, must be excellent.-  
7 years ago

quake0
Few questions about this.

Do splash screens make boot time slower?
What splash screen would you use?
Would the splash screen be elegant in any environment including work, home?
Would this splash screen have he mint logo?
If it did have the mint logo would it be easy to remove for distros based on it?

7 years ago

ruler501
I would like something like sabayon linux. They have a really nice looking boot screen while they still work with most hardware  
7 years ago

jose_manuel
Thank you very much to everyone for your comments !!!! the truth is needed boot screen in Linux Mint 13, but knowing that it will be a LTS version, officially supported for 5 years !!!! Hopefully we meet ......  
7 years ago

roht
I too would like to see some kind of splash screen.... I also agree it doesn't need to be flashy but at the very least allow us to know there is some progress being made.  
7 years ago

chassum
I don't have a problem with a bland, black & white boot screen as long as it shows something happening. Booting from a live CD takes long enough to begin to wonder if something has gone horribly wrong unless there is a progress bar or something similar.  
7 years ago

ropetili
I propose a gray background, not black or white.  
7 years ago

ulysses
I like logo with points.
Promoting.

7 years ago

psyckers
I must admit having a nice loading screen like in Julia's is certainly a feel good factor compared to the black screen of uncertainty.  

Other ideas from jose_manuel