They offer different flash templates with latest features.
Login

Forgot password
Register
Back

[Cinnamon] Theme/Applet/Extension Updator

Created 5 years ago, edited 4 years ago.
Status changed 5 years ago
Author:

raneern99
Selected
  Score:
24 votes
Idea:

Right now Cinnamon has many great applets, themes and extensions, but they don't get updated regularly. In Mint 13, if there isn't some alternative way to install extensions that updates them like normal software, there should be something that updates applets, themes, and extensions automatically. I think that this utility should be similar to the Gnome Shell Extensions Updater (Gnome Shell Extensions Updater).

Comments:

5 years ago

raneern99
@vincentv , the ppa packages, because they are for Cinnamon and not Ubuntu specific (because of how bimsebasse packaged them), should/possibly/might work on LMDE, but in general adding PPAs isn't a great idea. I'm very curious for Linux Mint 13.  
5 years ago

raneern99
@mikefreeman and @LexMK I know and I use the ppa, and I would love a ppa as default (which is in the part "if there isn't some alternative way to install extensions that updates them like normal software" - I was thinking of the ppa when I wrote this). My thoughts were if not, an updater would be nice.  
5 years ago

LexMK
Guess this could be now rewritten as: "Include that PPA as default", which I agree with. Promoting.  
5 years ago

mikefreeman
There is a PPA: ppa:bimsebasse/cinnamonextras

Other ideas from raneern99