Linux Mint 13 Xfce base on Xubuntu 12.04

crismblog
  8 years ago
  Considered

Linux Mint 13 Xfce to be based on Xubuntu 12.04 that is stable and has very few bugs. I do not recommend the Linux Mint 13 to be based on Ubuntu because Ubuntu has a lot more bugs.
Latest comments
sunewbie 7 years ago

Clem said in comment 16 that it's based on cinnamon edition like LMDE it will have libeoffice, etc, i.e. gnome2 replaced by XFCE,

So I guess my idea is already implemented

http://community.linuxmint.com/idea/view/2227

sunewbie 8 years ago

@quako0 

Gr8, where did you got this news., else OMG Ubuntu would be the first one to spread it in the wild

Mint 13 may have XFCE, but less likely LXDE, as clem stated in one of comments.

quake0 8 years ago

I support this ideal, but I hope this would not take focus away from linux mint lxde. It the one I like most. I recommend every one try it. Its fast, stable, and sleek. I love having a transparent panel as well. The only problem is their is no 64 bit version yet.

quake0 8 years ago

Is mint planing on having an mint 13 xfce?

quake0 8 years ago

To sunewbie. Distros based on ubuntu 12.04 will be supported for 7 years. They extended their support to compete with the likes of cent OS.

jose_manuel 8 years ago

Excellente Idea!! I tried both (Ubuntu and Xubuntu). And the fact that Xubuntu 12.04 is much more stable than Ubuntu 12.04. I Promote this Idea !!!

sunewbie 8 years ago

I personally like Xubuntu. I have both installed separately and have Lubuntu-desktop on Ubuntu.

crismblog 8 years ago

I tried Ubuntu and Xubuntu and I can say that Xubuntu is more stable.

sunewbie 8 years ago

The thing is Ubuntu will be supported for 5 years. To add to it, we all have no problems with apps. The problem is with DE. So just wanted to change to traditional interface with same apps as in Gnome.

Just a personal opinion :)