Remove or disable completed ideas from list

remoulder
  9 years ago
  Under dev. review

Ideas that have been implemented, approved or rejected should be either removed from the list or disabled for comments and voting to allow new ideas to move up the list.
Latest comments
Qruqs 6 years ago

I think they should be moved to a completely different part of the site, that has nothing to do with this idea business. Like implemented user ideas, or whatever. Therefore demoted.

Mintification 7 years ago

Great idea indeed.

sunewbie 7 years ago

+1 promoting

dagon 7 years ago

Considered!
Similar/same ideas rejected:
http://community.linuxmint.com/idea/view/443
http://community.linuxmint.com/idea/view/1625

blueXrider 8 years ago

Agreed, when is it going to be implemented?

RedGhost 8 years ago

or at least be marked in some way to inform of status.

passstab 8 years ago

?
i think new means new but implemented, approved or rejected ideas aren't
put in there respective catagory oftan enouph

orionthehunter 8 years ago

New ideas should move up the list when others have been approved, rejected, or implemented, but old ones should not be removed in my opinion.

frankeinstein 9 years ago

Totally agree. I love reading all members ideas and I do try to read through as many pages of them as I can in one sitting, but this really would tidy up the list and make it much easier to view new ideas.

remoulder 9 years ago

@Rovanion: The 'New' really seems to mean all ideas, and as the default sort is 'Top Rated' this means the same ideas always appear at the top of the list when you first go to Ideas, even if they've already been implemented, approved or rejected. People being people, most users probably never go beyond the first 1 or 2 pages, so it's likely many ideas are never seen or voted on. As there seems little point in voting or commenting on ideas that have already been approved, implemented or rejected, these ideas should be removed or disabled from further voting.

Rovanion 9 years ago

Correct me if I'm wrong but: When you search for ideas, by default, only ideas that are of the status "New" are shown.

What list are you speaking of and why do they need to be removed?

Fr3d 9 years ago

yes good idea so the list is more relevant and manageable.

lnxwalt 9 years ago

On the other hand, if they are removed completely, others will re-request them. They need to be out of the way of active ideas, without being hidden or hard to access.

RayWoods 9 years ago

Yes, get rid of the clutter.