They offer different flash templates with latest features.
Login

Forgot password
Register
Back

Linux Mint LXDE 13: They have to make this Version !!!!

Created 6 years ago, edited 6 years ago.
Status changed 6 years ago
Author:

jose_manuel
Considered
  Score:
10 votes
Idea:

Great Community: I hope nobody take this wrong, but apparently it's news that would not have a new release of Linux Mint 13 LXDE (as Clem's own statements), I have the firm hope that this would hopefully not this way. That is why we propose this idea.

Although not in the Linux Mint team plans to make a Linux Mint LXDE version, I see something wrong. More considering that the Linux Mint LXDE versions were always worked really very well, I would say are the LXDE versions excellent. Besides it would be something that could greatly benefit for Linux Mint: Make a version of Linux Mint LXDE LTS 13, with support for 5 years, bearing in mind that Lubuntu 12.04 is not an LTS could make a big impact, very positive for everyone.

Well, if you really LXDE version not is released, will have to comply with Mate or XFCE if you want something light. Humbly I suggest to be released also a version of Linux Mint LXDE 13.-

Comments:

6 years ago

jose_manuel
Yes, Lubuntu 12.04 I was proving it, and really, if they have a slightly powerful equipment really it is excellent. It hurts that it is not a version LTS.- It hurts that there is not Linux Mint 13 LXDE.-  
6 years ago

kamran
I am looking for Mint 13 LXDE for my laptop. It is pretty fast and consumes less energy. The only other good alternative is Lubuntu.. but I like Mint.  
6 years ago

miami592
There is always the option of DIY Mint 13 LXDE. There are several tutorials on how to do this. It is a bit more work but it will also be far more customizable and give the ability to use either 32 or 64 bit versions.  
6 years ago

oscar799
Doesn't look like this is going to happen
Clem said on the May 2012 stats
"The team is currently working on KDE and Xfce editions for Linux Mint 13. After a poll was organized, it was decided the focus was going to be given to the most popular desktops within the Mint community. More focus was given to Xfce and the LXDE and Fluxbox editions which were previously only available in 32-bit were discontinued."
Full post here
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=103838&start=0
Marking idea as Rejected

6 years ago

quake0
This is the single most important idea for me! I really want linux mint 13 LXDE!  
6 years ago

quake0
This is a must. LXDE version is blazing fast and easy to use. It also looks good as well. Their has been talk about dropping LXDE mint. I hope this is not the case. If it is at least make one more so we can have 5 years of ubuntu support. Otherwise I will be staying with Linux mint 12 for the next 12 months of its support life.  

Other ideas from jose_manuel