XFCE 4.10 and Gimp 2.8

leo__sg1
  10 years ago
  Selected

It would be very good in the next "update" to LMDE include the necessary packages for new versions of Gimp and XFCE.
(Google traductor)

Seria muy bueno que en el proximo "update" para LMDE incluyan los paquetes necesarios para las nuevas versiones de Gimp y XFCE.
(EspaƱol)
Latest comments
Lucas_Sichardt 10 years ago

That's what I fear too. But as an LTS Mint 13 would really do well if it included XFCE 4.10 at least. While Ubuntu 12.04 was to be released just a few days after XFCE released their new version Linux Mint has the chance to take XFCE 4.10 because of the more liberal release politics (besides the fact that Mint is released approximately one month after Ubuntu naturally).

kazztan0325 10 years ago

As for main edition of Mint, I guess Gimp 2.8 and XFCE 4.10 would be implemented in Mint 14.

Lucas_Sichardt 10 years ago

I also hope there'll be a "normal" Mint 13 version with XFCE 4.10

crismblog 10 years ago

I am promoting this idea.

sunewbie 10 years ago

Hope and patience :)

sooner or later it will be there. So hope will be fulfilled. The question is when? Till then have patience :)

Cheers

leo__sg1 10 years ago

There is always hope :)

sunewbie 10 years ago

sometimes Clem pushes individual updates like that of FF, opera, etc. So Gimp may not may not have to wait until next UP. I did see these updates in LMDE XFCE, in times when there was no UP for a long time.

Regarding XFCE 4.10. This release is not a major release with lots of changes (AFAIK). From @vincentv 's comment, I think it will have to wait a little more to enter into testing and hence in UP. But you can live with it, no doubt XFCE 4.8 was better than 4.6 and 4.10 will be better than 4.8 :)

Since this will happen in sooner or later, I will stay neutral.

Patience :)

raneern99 10 years ago

I agree, although I don't think it'll happen - the testing freeze for wheezy is happening soon (in the end of June?), and I don't think Xfce 4.10 nor Gimp 2.8 will make it on time.