Pubblic beta (or alpha)

davedarkblade
  9 years ago
  Selected

Will be interesting to have access to beta and/or the alpha version of the new versions (as does ubuntu) in order to demonstrate the progress of our favourite distro. Please comment ;)
Latest comments
aegeas 6 years ago

Although this is a rather old idea I think it would be nice if we all could have access to beta, maybe also on alpha, releases.

RayWoods 7 years ago

I suppose the more people who look at Alpha and Beta software will (hopefully) help in ironing out any remaining bugs, rather like we do with the RC releases so a wider audience could be of great help to the team.

Whether this is done out in the open, ajar or closed to the community I will leave to Clem and the Team.

New > Considered

kazztan0325 8 years ago

@RayWoods:

It goes without saying that I will install alpha (or beta) as a Virtual Machine.
So I am not scared by an army of bugs.

But the similitude which you said is obviously reasonable.
When the new version officially released, it will have lost the freshness already.

By the way, I made a Virtual Machine with "Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Alpha Daily Build ISO" before.
I was looking forward to seeing his growth everyday.
No matter how hard things were, He rose many times from the dead.
But when he reached OS's estate, I have abandoned him after all, then I have moved in this Mint world.
I am a bad parent.

RayWoods 8 years ago

You can have a look under the Testing section to see what is going on, although you can't look at the software directly. You could also look at the base distribution, I'm sure all the up-stream bugs will all be there!

This rather sounds like wanting to open a birthday present before your Birthday arrives. Now children behave yourselves!! :¬)

kazztan0325 8 years ago

I also be interested to try alpha or beta version of Mint.

By the way, I feel that alpha version of OS is like unruly children, but it is interesting too.