Tutorials

Alexio
  11 years ago
  Selected

A collection of tutorials on how to use the software you just installed on your computer would be useful. So, a section of this community website with links to various tutorials seems a good idea to me.
Latest comments
Alexio 8 years ago

@Qruqs - Linux Mint is aimed at the new users who always need a helping hand. The "RTFM" or "Google it!" kind of attitude is not a good approach for these users...

This idea was submitted 2 years ago, just a few days before the "Tutorials" section of this website was created. I was among the first contributors with tutorials on this community website, so this could be marked as "Implemented" as my idea is related to this website and not to the operating system.

However, I think that there should be some better integration between the Linux Mint distribution and the tutorials section of this website. On the older versions of Linux Mint there was an option for the mintMenu to search for the tutorials on the community website:

Qruqs 8 years ago

No, it would not be "useful". It would be additional bloat added to the system for no apparent reason. Google works just as well.

oscar799 9 years ago

I am marking this idea "Considered"

sunewbie 9 years ago

Nice idea, even a slide show (power point) or impress presentation can do some job.

It needs an active involvement of community.

I think, immediately after fresh installation, tutorial icon (short cut) should be on desktop.

blueXrider 10 years ago

This would be very nice. If someone could make a DVD.ISO to download it would be helpful too. Like a manual on CD or something to that effect.

Rizla 11 years ago

I agree, it can be a pain installing an application, then having to hunt down tutorials - I'm sure we could all contribute to some good links ;)